Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

playoff scenerios

Stephen

If we make it in the first round we should accept the fact that if we win that game that we have accomplished reasonable expectations for the season when we started.  Winning in Denver or New England is going to be hard for a lot of reasons.  So the Colts would pretty much be playing with house money at that point.  That's normally when this team plays at it's best when no one gives them a shot.  Now, I still don't think they were winning in Denver or New England but if I had to pick between the two I would take Denver.  Two reasons for this.

1.  Normally it's just cold in Denver maybe a little snowy but it's not like the wind and snow you have a petty good chance of seeing in New England that time of year.

2.  Like it or not the Pats and BB take care of business in the playoffs against teams like the Colts.  Manning and the Broncos are more prone for an upset IMO.  Also the Colts have already played the Broncos and beaten them and while that means Denver will be out for payback the Colts know the formula that works to beat the Broncos. 

I wish, listen, all it takes is a great all around performance on Sunday against the Titans and this team can get hot, we've seen it before.

I will be honest, i thought the colts were going to come out last week and destroy a good Arizona team, and just keep building from there until we hit the playoffs on fire. however, i now realize our problems are much more serious and i am not sure they can be fixed this year. From the small body of work i can see that this staff doesn't like to change up their depth chart during the season unless injuries require it. Chuck believes in chemistry overcoming lack of talent. imo

If we fail to win 3 of our last 5 games and one of the losses is to the titans and they win out we don't go to playoffs.

If we get the 4th seed our first round opponent will be the loser of the afc west or Denver/chiefs.

If we get 3rd seed it gets more complicated as a lot of teams are still in the hunt. We could play the ravens would be nice to get revenge from last year or steelers or the worst case scenario our kryptonite the chargers.

chargers were peytons kryptonite