Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You Cant Throw Games To Get A High Draft Chioice

oldunclemark

X...so you think we should 'suck for Luck?

No, I dont think the Colts should, have, or will lose on purpose. It looks as if they wont have to, as I can only see a victory or two at best with the current defense and Manning out. The whole point of the luck discussion was a what "if" scenario that we have a chance to get him....the suck for luck thing is really just a joke, and that is the way I took it. You should try that my friend.

Who is suggesting we "throw" games?

I havent read anything suggesting that. Most of the debates are a what if type scenario.

Eat some fresh fruit and hug your lady friend.

Are you serious? ive heard plenty ppl on here say they would like to see the colts lose the rest of their games just to get luck... its downright insane.

Are you serious? ive heard plenty ppl on here say they would like to see the colts lose the rest of their games just to get luck... its downright insane.

What is insane is not to look past this season and to let logic be clouded by pride! If we are not going to make the playoffs I would much rather see us lose enough games(even if that means every game) to get the #1 pick rather then go 3-13 or 4-12. The value of #1 draft pick whether it be Luck or the truck load of draft picks we could get for him in trade has a far greater value to the franchise then winning a few games in an already wasted season.

This year should be looked at as one long training camp, and as the previous poster stated to evaluate players ... let's see what we really have and see what is out there by bringing in some more free agents/practice squad stashes. There are some diamonds in the rough that we could get in here that got overlooked because of the shortened evaluation period due to the lockout. What does winning 3 or 4 games this year accomplish ... absolutely NOTHING ... maybe slightly less embarrassment. I will take one season of complete embarrassment if it means setting us up to be dominant not only for Peyton's return next year, but the next decade as well.

Edited by esmort

What is insane is not to look past this season and to let logic be clouded by pride! If we are not going to make the playoffs I would much rather see us lose enough games(even if that means every game) to get the #1 pick rather then go 3-13 or 4-12. The value of #1 draft pick whether it be Luck or the truck load of draft picks we could get for him in trade has a far greater value to the franchise then winning a few games in an already wasted season.

This year should be looked at as one long training camp, and as the previous poster stated to evaluate players ... let's see what we really have and see what is out there by bringing in some more free agents/practice squad stashes. There are some diamonds in the rough that we could get in here that got overlooked because of the shortened evaluation period due to the lockout. What does winning 3 or 4 games this year accomplish ... absolutely NOTHING ... maybe slightly less embarrassment. I will take one season of complete embarrassment if it means setting us up to be dominant not only for Peyton's return next year, but the next decade as well.

Really? im sure if you was a player you wouldnt be saying the same thing... no player cares about what draft position they will get, and in a way neither do i.. the colts will get an early round draft pick no matter what this year, its ridiculous to imply that the colts should lose their games just to get this one player.. idc if he's Zeuses son... if it happens it happens but the colts should not try to lose games just to get him or anyone else... thats not how the game is supposed to be played, its disrespect to the fans, other players and others before them.