Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers is Not a Clutch QB

supremecoltsfan300

I've been on this since 2009 after the second Vikings game that was a route by the 2nd quarter. Aaron Rodgers brought the team back and everybody ignored the fact that it was just game number 62,765 that year that the Vikings led in, wherell Brad Childress let the other team back in the game then put it back in 5th gear at the end and won. On top of that is my biggest problem with how overrated Aaron Rodgers is...he very rarely plays well, let alone beats any team that fields an 8 win season. Then when he does it's often when he gets these insane breaks (Cards in week 17 of 2009, the Joe Webb game, the first Vikings game in 2010 with 2 FAILMARYS that everybody forgets about as the complain about the Seattle game).

I'm a huge Favre mark...I hope it was ok to bump this up. I found this while googling for Arod's record against .500 or better teams. I never found it. I would guess it's up to about 20 games.

I was arguing with 1 of those Packer fan/Favre haters who doesn't understand how stupid he sounds when he talks about football. Besides 2010 (and even he got breaks), Aaron Rodgers has been everything that made Packer fans sick of Favre. He's a statistical powerhorse.......as long it's against some 2-14 team, which is usually what the Packers schedule consists of. Then comes playoff time and he looks like he forgot how to play football. Nobody ever says anything about it just like they never did after the 5 or 6 tough regular season games they lost.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• No, I don't mean to suggest that Ballard's comments were insincere. I believe that he means everything he said, and feels strongly about it, and I think his outburst is a net positive, overall.    But I also think it's calculated. You have a guy at a position that tends to attract divas, he might have a fragile ego, obviously has a giant chip on his shoulder, and he's hurt that he slid to the middle of the second round. And in this case, the Colts traded back before they drafted him, so there might still be some hard feelings on his part. For the GM to come publicly bang the table in your defense, it can be just the thing needed to make the player feel wanted.   And for that reason alone, there was no way Ballard was going to publicly acknowledge the character concerns in that setting. Not that Ballard ever would say anything negative about a player on the roster, especially someone he just drafted, but definitely not in that situation.    I'm reminded of the Ebron situation, especially after he dragged Ballard over the weekend. The Colts were obviously not happy with Ebron after his decision to shut it down in November 2019. And after the season, when Ballard was asked about it, he simply said: "We'll probably move on." So Ballard isn't going to speak negatively about a player, even if he thinks it might be deserved.   @stitches I think this hits your reply also.
    • @stitches is it Latu on your avatar? If I didn't know any better, I thought he looked like the guy making his call to his Mom at the beginning of the Independence Day movie.      
    • We drafted Tim Jennings cousin?     Someone hold me I’m having flashbacks
    • I feel like part of it is coachspeak, but part of it goes beyond that. He could have just said "we are really lucky he fell to us, so happy to draft him... On the character/attitude thing - we did our due diligence and we are happy to draft him. We think he is a good kid and we can work with him." Or something of the sort. But he went beyond that by directly targeting the reports and going off on them. Kind of like he did with Stroud last year. I think Ballard has a strong sense of justice and I don't think this is purely performative on his side. I think he really feels like those reports were not fair. And he's going to bat for his guy beyond what just picking him at any specific pick would mean. Picking him at any position simply means "we are good taking the risk for the potential reward if he pans out". Here it seems like Ballard is backing his guy not just in terms of risk/reward calculation. He is backing him character-wise. Which can backfire on him spectacularly if the guy starts having issues of that sort once he's in the league since Ballard's rant has already gone somewhat viral in NFL media. 
    • But this doesn’t really fit with Ballard defending Stroud last offseason though? IIRC he did so after the draft?
  • Members

• Solid84

Solid84 6,823

• PlayForTheTie

PlayForTheTie 0

Rookie
    • NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,255

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,600

• John Waylon

John Waylon 5,220