Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2014 Cap Situation

Dark Superman

If Bethea has another 100 tackle season he's coming back next year. Which I was already expecting him to do especially since he actually has a good safety partner.

Of course he won`t have a 100 tackles. And if he goes a third year in a row with no Int`s, I would Hope they say thanks but no thanks.

If Bethea has another 100 tackle season he's coming back next year. Which I was already expecting him to do especially since he actually has a good safety partner.

If Bethea racks up 100 tackles this season, something went seriously wrong with the defense. Landry could possibly get 100, although I don't think he should either, but he should be the ONLY guy in the secondary that even comes close to that number.

To be honest, he's going to have to show that he can be the ball-hawking FS we need him to be rather than a run of the mill tackler. This is Bethea's time to shine.

If Bethea racks up 100 tackles this season, something went seriously wrong with the defense. Landry could possibly get 100, although I don't think he should either, but he should be the ONLY guy in the secondary that even comes close to that number.

To be honest, he's going to have to show that he can be the ball-hawking FS we need him to be rather than a run of the mill tackler. This is Bethea's time to shine.

Well he had 100 last year cause he had to play in the box which isn't the right job for a FS. That pick Zibs had vs the Bills would've been Bethea had Zibs actually been good at his SS position but he wasn't so Bethea was in the box.

But all of that is in the past now, & I'm predicting a 3-5 interception season for Mr. Bethea this year

IF justified by performance this season, we'll need to sign DHB and Bradshaw to extensions due to short term contracts this season which will take a fair chunk of the money. and Bethea due to contract expiration. Would like for the majority of FA spending to be in the defensive backfield to provide star quality playmakers and safety depth because passing is the driving force for most offenses in NFL. Spend rest of money on player retention in order to allow team to develop greater cohesiveness and diversification. Let's use draft to seek 1st round WR or a superstud DE like JJ Watt and mid-draft picks for linemen and linebackers and late round picks to pick players whose skills fit Colts style of play or fill a very specific need . 

Let's use draft to seek 1st round WR or a superstud DE like JJ Watt and mid-draft picks for linemen and linebackers and late round picks to pick players whose skills fit Colts style of play or fill a very specific need .

This is nearly the exact same philosophy Polian used. I'm not so sure I'd like to see Grigson follow that same way of thinking.