Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It Was Fun While It Lasted.

It took me a minute to figure out why - but I know now.

It started last year at the draft - & signing DBH this year really opened me up. I usually observe the draft and FA from a distance. I was used to the old regime not bringing in any big name FA & drafting players I never heard of but were stand-up guys.

Up until last year there wasnt a reason to pay attention to these distractions. One things for sure - two things for certain - all of our players will come to work everyday & you can mark us down for at least 10 more wins next year.

Then - we got the 1st pick. New territory. Had to get involved a least a little. It was cool - but it was business for me. I cant get used to losing. I couldn't be loyal to a loser - call me what you want - life is too short to be miserable with my sports teams - unless it really is my alma mater or my hometown team. Anyway - I was there for a QB - I wasn't worried about the rest of the class - just give me my QB & ill work with you on the rest.

But thats when Ryan Grigson introduced himself properly. He showed me he was OK with earning my respect - I didnt have to give it to him. He put together an awesome draft class. 7 hardworking & stand up rookies (5 no name) came from no where and became the foundation of our next dynasty. 

What do you know - nothings changed. It felt different because I thought now we might bring in one or two big names & chase a big name prospect - but I was fooling myself after all those years watching teams like NE & BAL drafting big name talent - it was our turn. NOT!!!

Thats not what we do. We bring in team players that need the team to do well in order for them to do well. They work hard & are self-motivated to improve on their trade. Thats who we are. We are Indianapolis Colts. I was a little lost - but im back on track now.

This is why any player is drafted or signed to our team. Its not because he runs a 4.3 40 - or is 6'4 - or went to Bama. Its only about something that consistently shows up on GameDay - work ethic. As long as they have that - not only do I not care who we draft - I cant really have an opinion until after preseason.

Just wanted to try to link up with INDY fans for the long haul such as myself - I started seeing strange posts on our fan forum. People "worried" about what other teams are doing? You ever think that maybe HOU TEN & JAX are doing what they are doing because of what we are doing.

If you are someone that is worried because you havent heard of our draft picks - you must be new - just relax & check back in about 6 months - we'll save you a spot on the wagon.

Yezzrr -