Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Realitys Final Mock!

As I promised a 2.0 of my final mock with Explanations.

Round 1: Indy trades 24th overall to PHL for 2,3. (Geno Smith is still available Bold prediction)

Round 2: Larry Warford OG Kentucky

Warford is a powerful run blocker that could come and fit right in at the starting RG position. Warford has great strength that makes him a above- solid pass blocker as well  Warford has great feet for his size and weight at 6'3 / 333. Warford can take on those large pass rushers and the speed rushers. Warford shows resemblance to Brian Waters OG of the New England Patriots formerly for the Kansas City Chiefs  Not bad. He could slip in perfectly and help bolster our run game and actually protect Andrew Luck which was our #1 Priority coming into the off-season. He'd be great next to a newly re-vamped O-line. 

Round 3: Brian Schwenke C California

Schwenke is a very athletic center. He posses good speed and a great ability to pull around the the O-line. Schwenke would be able coming come right in and play center and help complete our O-line, as stated above our #1 priority was to protect Andrew, and with this move we should have the potential to have a elite O-line with Costanzo/Thomas/Schwenke/Warford/Cherilus is very solid. Schwenke is good against the pass and good in the run game overall just athletic at the center position. Schwenke put on a show at the combine and would be a great addition. 

Round 3: Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn

Lemonier played on a pitiful Auburn team last year but still managed a good campaign. Lemonier is very athleticat 6'3 / 255. Lemonier is very balanced when coming on the pass rush he has top notch speed and burst when coming in on the pass rush as well. Lemonier is not very flexible witch is a drawback. Lemonier is good against the run and is intelligent football player. Lemonier lacks bull rush but makes up with engery and speed. Lemonier could make a beautiful combo with Walden as Walden would be great against the run with Lemonier coming in at obvious pass rush situations, while still splitting snaps on regular plays. He's not always as good against bigger DTs and should practice and try to improve at that.

Round 4: Duke Williams S Nevada

Williams is a very under the radar prospect on the rise. The colts have payed attention to Williams weather it is at the combine or a private interview, they've taken a extra big look at him. Williams shows decent speed to track down recivers. But he shows excellent short term speed and a great burst. He is very aggressive and sometimes that can hurt him against play actions. Williams could step in in passing situations as a 3rd S, and If we do let Antonie walk then I'd be more than okay with Williams playing the Free side Safety.

Round 6: Josh Johnson CB Perdue

Johnson has outstanding Ball skills and has a great upside. He lacks elite speed which could bite him sometimes but overall is a solid corner. Johnson a 3 year starter at Purdue. He could challange Darius for the Nickelback. 

Round 7: Aaron Tipatui DE California

Tipatui could add depth as a DE. He's good against the run. Solid for a 7th rounder.

Round 7: Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska

Donald Brown is a Free agent to be and he need depth at running back

Hope you enjoyed and are as PUMPED up for the draft as I am! 2 days and counting!

Don't know how to feel with a Guard(not named Cooper/Warmack) and a center heading our draft class

I think that one would say its not a very sexy draft, and I'd agree but it covers our needs. 

Ask any Colt fan what was our biggest priority this off-season? The answer 9.9/10 times would be "Protect Andrew" we still need a RG and could use a new C.

I think that one would say its not a very sexy draft, and I'd agree but it covers our needs.

Ask any Colt fan what was our biggest priority this off-season? The answer 9.9/10 times would be "Protect Andrew" we still need a RG and could use a new C.

It was protect andrew before we added Cherilus and Thomas, and Grigson feels good about Satele when healthy and Shipley. I don't see the other Guard position that big of a need to spend our first pick in the draft on it(unless its Cooper or Warmack) but should be addressed later in the draft. 1st pick(trade back or not) I feel should be on the defensive side of the ball regardless of position(except NT). There are plenty of good interior lineman to be had in rounds 3-4 instead of using your 1st pick in the draft on it, I feel defense is the way to go with our 1st pick

It was protect andrew before we added Cherilus and Thomas, and Grigson feels good about Satele when healthy and Shipley. I don't see the other Guard position that big of a need to spend our first pick in the draft on it(unless its Cooper or Warmack) but should be addressed later in the draft. 1st pick(trade back or not) I feel should be on the defensive side of the ball regardless of position(except NT). There are plenty of good interior lineman to be had in rounds 3-4 instead of using your 1st pick in the draft on it, I feel defense is the way to go with our 1st pick

Thats the other side of the coin that could very well be our drafting strategy 

Burkhead is just another Donald Brown with slightly less speed (Chris Thompson I'd like better, RB with good vision who can be in as a change of pace Back but excellent on Kick Returns and Punt Returns)

not against trading down for Warford at all

Schwenke is Zone Blocking scheme

Love the Lemonier pick

Rather have Demetrius Mccray at Corner late

Never seen Tipatui play so at this point rather go with Joe Vellano or Marquis Jackson

It would be as meh as our free agency......but OLB, G....are our top two needs.....then one can argue the urgency of all other positions.....they are many, unless a lot players have a break out year on our squad. I would love if there is a goofy run on QB's in the first round opening up the possibility for a game changer falling to us at #24, otherwise...trading back would be my next best choice of how things go down.

Burkhead is just another Donald Brown with slightly less speed (Chris Thompson I'd like better, RB with good vision who can be in as a change of pace Back but excellent on Kick Returns and Punt Returns)

not against trading down for Warford at all

Schwenke is Zone Blocking scheme

Love the Lemonier pick

Rather have Demetrius Mccray at Corner late

Never seen Tipatui play so at this point rather go with Joe Vellano or Marquis Jackson

Thanks for the feedback!:

Schwenke is very versatile, and has said hes more than comfortable in a man as well.

Dont think Vellano will be there in round 7.

What I'm reading says that both Schwenke and Barrett Jones are zone blockers, not man.

Warford would be fine.   Winter would be fine.   Several others as well.

But Schwenke and Jones are viewed as zone blockers....

I know that Jones is a run blocker. But schwenke is versatile and could be a man blocker with some help.