Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts And Smash Mouth Football?

ColtsHoosiersBB

the colts have shown they can play smash mouth football, but there problem is they cant do it in a consistent basis. one week they'll shut down a rb and the next there gonna be run over.

I don't want to get too excited too soon, but this was the second week in a row they've played real well against the run. Hillis was supposed to be great against us, and he only had the one big run for a TD, and last night we really shut down Mendenhall. Now we just need to step up the coverage against the pass...

Go Colts!

I don't want to get too excited too soon, but this was the second week in a row they've played real well against the run. Hillis was supposed to be great against us, and he only had the one big run for a TD, and last night we really shut down Mendenhall. Now we just need to step up the coverage against the pass...

Go Colts!

hillis may not have got much on the ground, but he still scored twice.

Did I dream this last night or did the Colts run the ball well and stopped the run on defense? If they would have incorporated this mentality a decade ago, there is no telling

how many banners would be hanging from the rafters with Manning under center.

There is still time if he can get healthy next year.

Maybe you're on to something. I wish the Colts would have checked with you a decade ago.

If you ask me, the problem is we use all of our focus on one thing. We focused entirely on stopping the run last night, so Roethlisberger threw for over a hundred yards in the first quarter alone. We haven't been able to stop the pass AND the run on a consistent basis. I don't mean we give up 30 yards each game to an offense, but keeping a team under 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing consistenly