Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A look back on the season and thoughts of the upcoming draft

loudnproudcolt

First let me state unequivocably I enjoyed this Colts season more than any except possibly the Superbowl year and Harbaugh's year of let it rip. But you know what they say the grass is always greener, Well I keep looking at the draft board, and I see the incredible boat load of talent in tackles and guards at the top. True we don't know for sure how they will work out, but Joekel, Fisher, Johnson, Warmack, etc. so many good ones to pick from. Shall we say a target rich draft if you need tackle or guard, which most teams do.

Now if we had gone 6-10 which I don't believe most can honestly say before the season we would have exceeded that, we would have been right around the 10th spot in the draft, and I don't know who we would have gotten, but it would have been a good prospect, and with the overall deficiency in our line, plus the rookie wage scale, this is the year to need a tackle when drafting.

Luckily I can only look back on all the great memories of the season, Luck, ChuckStrong, Arians, T.Y and the incredible draft class we have and be nothing short of elated. Plus it helps to know that the strongest class of free agent Tackles and guards to hit free agency in some time is about to arrive in about one week! :applause:

So maybe when I think about it, the grass is not always greener this year. Just thinking out loud.