Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coaching To Blame For Majority Of Defensive Issues Today

Jason_

or the same fans who were thrilled when Hughes fell to us in the draft and hated the Angerer pick and called it a reach, now you can't find any of those fans or the same fans who were calling for Addai to be released once we drafted Brown and how Brown was going to save our running game from Addai's horriable running. Or the same fans who would listen to anyone who said during the 08 season we couldn't run the ball because of the line and were saying the issue was clearly that Addai just wasn't good. Or my personal favorite the same fans who used to scream we need to trade Peyton Manning for a defense before he won a Super Bowl.

Let's face it if the fans were the GM of this team we would have demanded we should have been fired a long long long time ago but we would still have Edge!

Fans are like weathermen ...they never look back and admit their mistakes.

I still dont know why we even hired Coyer. If anything it looks our D has got worse! Besides the colts who in the heck would Lacey and our right tackle be starting for?? Its almost comical watching our team this year. Im not sure where to lay the blame. Lacey cant man up against my three yr old. Then i see we put in Jerry Hughes on our goal line D???? wth?? Can we please go after John Gruden please. Which ever Polian is making the decisions, like keeping Jamie Richard and letting Kyle Devan go. GOOD JOB! Has our DT's got any kind of pressure this year? I bet ya Freeney and Mathis would love someone to give them a lil help up the middle. I just wish our front office would make some of the decisions like the Pats make. They atleast recognize their weaknesses and decide to go after them. Indy's stubborn * just seems to stick with the same scenario year after year. If they just went after one bad * defensive tackle, do you realize how much better freeney and mathis would be?? GOOD WORK TEAM!! sorry for the rant....disgruntled fan here!

Actually our DT's were getting pressure up the middle. Antonio Johnson got penetration on several passing downs but McCoy's mobility allowed him to elude the sack. Our DT position is vastly improved from 3-4 years ago, but there is still improvement to be made. Also our D as a whole is much better this year....if they learn how and when to use the tampa 2, replace Lacey and bring in another NT (all I tried to point out in the original post) then our defense looks a lot different.