Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Speaking of Mayock....

I have not watched all 5 hours each day....   but I've seen roughly half, I would guess.

And I thought Mayock's work Monday was his best of the 3 days so far.

Far more critical....   far more honest and direct and blunt than I had heard in the first two days.

I really enjoyed his comments.    Suspect he'll be very good again for Tuesday's final day....

I really like him very much....      :thmup:

what do you mean, no Mel Kiper, he is a draft genius as well as everybody else at BSPN

The thing about Mel, is that he doesn't really know as much about NFL rosters as Mayock does, but make no mistake, Kiper knows these college players as well or better than any other person out there. 

The thing about Mel, is that he doesn't really know as much about NFL rosters as Mayock does, but make no mistake, Kiper knows these college players as well or better than any other person out there. 

I tend to find Mayock much more reliable though, plus I think Mayock is able to help the average person understand a lot more than Kiper does, maybe that's just me though.

BTW Your Avatar is hands down the best.  Did you make it yourself?

I tend to find Mayock much more reliable though, plus I think Mayock is able to help the average person understand a lot more than Kiper does, maybe that's just me though.

BTW Your Avatar is hands down the best.  Did you make it yourself?

I get what you're saying about Mayock. I like him the most too, but I've heard people act as if Kiper hasn't got a clue and that just isn't true. He's is extremely knowledgeable. 

Thanks about the avatar, but no I don't have the computer skills to make avatars. I wish I did. 

Mike Mayock is an excellent scout, film study junkie, & is very accurate as it pertains to a player's scheme adaptability & draft stock. He also uses words like "meat head" & "slobber knocker." He is my NFL Rabbi.  :lol:

021813mayock620.jpg

37RabbiCOOL.jpg

Amen!

Mayock is my hands down favorite draft guru. I'm not a fan of Kiper or McShay, and take their opinions with a grain of sand. Mayock is by far the best, and Charles Davis comes in at a fairly close 2nd.

Amen!

Mayock is my hands down favorite draft guru. I'm not a fan of Kiper or McShay, and take their opinions with a grain of sand. Mayock is by far the best, and Charles Davis comes in at a fairly close 2nd.

Exactly, Kiper & McShay remind me of used car salesmen trying to pass off a lemon as a smooth as silk Ferrari. Their analysis is nowhere near the prodigy level that Mayock has in his tiny little pinky. Not even close. I also agree that Charles Davis has some serious evaluation skills too. No doubt about it Shive.  :thmup:

Bingo! No, you hit the nail right on the head coltsfanmilyman. BrentMc11 had this discussion once. The true definition of genius is diluting complicated concepts down to their most elemental basis so that anyone can follow your line of reasoning & train of thought. My dad taught me that along with years of graduate school work. That's what all true genius's excel at: Simplification.  

I think that Mayock is a good scout, but he gives you info based off of hype, and sometimes he creates his own hype for players.

Mayock can single handedly take a player that is in reality 6th round worthy and make him a first round prospect, like the LB from Boise St last year Shea McClellin and Jay Cutler.

Mayock was on Cutlers nuts so bad it was rediculous. He has been more critical this year, but previously years he basically had nothing bad to say about 90 percent of the top 20 picks. A really good scout would tell us to beware of some of those kids. I think he was only critical of Dontarie Poe.