Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 02/04 + Super Bowl Bonus

sb41champs

SORRY THIS IS BEING POSTED LATE THIS WEEK !!

What was your reaction to Andrew Luck being 0 for 3 in "rookie awards" on the "NFL Honors" show ??

SUPER BOWL BONUS:

Okay - Joe Flacco has won a Super Bowl - AND - been named "Most Valuable Player" for that Super Bowl.

Do YOU think that his "body of work" plus Sunday nights success has vaulted him to the upper echelon of "elite" QB status in the NFL - equal to the likes of Peyton Manning - Drew Brees and Tom Brady ??

Somehow I have a bad taste in my mouth about it, however it could be expected. RGIII was always bigger media-darling, and let's don't forget that while Luck was drafted the 32nd  (I won't write down: dead-last) team in NFL. With less talent around him, Luck couldn't prove his talent. From an other angle, expectations were set such high, that no rookie QB could surpass, so according to experts Luck did "only" what he was expected to do, and nothing more. We all saw what Luck can do on the turf, so we can imagine how high those expectations were. I feel, with higher QBR Luck would win OROY...those dropped balls.

Concerning Flacco, he is not elite, only Vaughn made him looking an elite QB. He had awesome games, but he also had bad games. He wasn't good against us in the PO, our lack of experience capitalized our shortcomings. I would say Flacco is a top-tier QB, but he isn't elite.

Just my 2 cents.