Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Mannings' great character we all came to love - a feel good story

bayone

Meanwhile, Manning revealed he read a Denver Post story last week about 14-year-old Peyton Manning of Littleton, who was named after the quarterback because of his parents' appreciation for his character. The two Peyton Mannings are working on a meeting.

"I saw that story and we got him coming out," the QB said. "We reached out to Peyton (and) he's coming out to practice so we'll get a chance to meet him. ... I look forward to meeting him and getting to know him. Sounds like, (from) reading about him, he's a great kid."

Read more:Broncos' Peyton Manning looks forward to facing hometown Saints - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2AG8Xl500

Meet Peyton Manning, hockey-team captain and Littleton eighth-grader

LITTLETON - Young Peyton Manning has such an unbelievable name, he can't get an authentic Facebook account, and he suspects his future attempt to join Twitter will turn out the same way.

They think I'm trying to impersonate," said Peyton Manning, a 14-year-old in eighth grade from Littleton.

was born at Swedish Hospital on Sept. 3, 1998 three days before HOF'r PM made his NFL debut for the Colts against the Dan Marino-led Miami Dolphins.

Young Peyton enjoys having Mr. Manning as the talk of the town in Denver.

"As soon as I was old enough to know what football was, I've followed him," said young Peyton, who is captain of his competitive hockey team. "In my room I've got a Fathead of him, his rookie card and posters everywhere. He's my favorite professional football player and having the same name as him brings a cool kind of attention. It's not like everybody always talks about it, but when they do I like it. He's one of the most class guys out there, so it's cool, for sure."

he was named after a young college quarterback from Tennessee

. When Peyton Manning, the QB, announced in 1997 that he would return for his senior year at the University of Tennessee — primarily because he promised his mother he would earn a four-year degree — Mick and Kim Manning were sold.

"I would have never named him Peyton if I knew (the QB) was going to be a legendary football player anywhere, let alone Denver," Kim Manning said. "We're not celebrity (starstruck). I just thought it was a great name, and he was full of strength and character. He had a lot of personal attributes you want your son to have. And my son has lived up to it.

"I think that would be really cool, at some point in my life," he said. "It would be really cool."

Read more:Meet Peyton Manning, hockey-team captain and Littleton eighth-grader - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz2AGBriOIY