Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning vs. the Bears

chrisfarley

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so we have to wait for Luck to become a great player while RG3 is decapitating NOLA and outscoring great QB's like Brees in their own bulidings?

yeah, why don't we wait for Luck until he is ready to win games...while RG3 is gonna be in playoffs and winning rookie of the year

More like the Colts team as a whole needs to get better. The Redskins were not in total rebuilding mood when they drafted RG3 like the Colts are. They were a QB away from being a very good team. Frankly I think had you traded spots with Luck and RG3 on Sunday you would have seen the same results. Luck would have shredded the Saints D while RG3 would have had an encouraging first step even if it was filled with mistakes.

Some of that has to do with the teams they were playing. The Saints Defense is shaky at best even without all the issues they had this off-season. Mean while the Bears are one of the better defenses in the NFL. Most QBs in the NFL would be expected to have a better game against the Saints D than if they were playing the Bears D.

I agree this is long term process and I can't wait to see this team click in all aspects.

The Redskins thing tho, don't forget they are very similar team to what they were last year, aside from RG3 and Garcon. It's not like RG3 inherited an incredible team. They are still on many aspects the weakest team in NFC east.