Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Round 1: Haasan Reddick. We all know what Haasan can do, I'll save everyone the time.

Round 2: Ahkello Witherspoon. Great length with fluid feet and great ball skills. 22 pbu last year, ran a blazing 40 and jumped 40.5". Changes direction smoothly and doesn't have problems guarding smaller shifty WRs. Will need to be coach up on tackling and add overall strength for our press man scheme.

Round 3: Trade back 10 spots for an extra 6. Jordan Lewis. Best slot cb in the class, off the field issues drop him here. The value of getting such a talent and also filling a huge need is to good to pass up. The only cb on our roster worth a starting spot is Vontae, so Id love to go back to back cbs with this top heavy cb class.

Round 4: Joe Mathis. A very nice edge prospect who will get lost in such a deep class. Season ending injury mid way through last year, but showed a quick get off with a powerful punch with his hands. Bends the corner well, and with our FA signing he could sit for another year to fully heal or play sparingly.

Round 4: Jeremy McNichols. Not a complete back, but one of the best receivers out of the back field this year. Shows good patience and cuts on a dime. Doesn't run with power and can bounce a run and lose yards instead of just getting back to the line of scrimmage. Perfect complimentary back

Round 4: Eddie Jackson. Was on pace to be a day 1 pick before breaking his leg. Has great instincts and range that you want in your FS. Former corner with great ball skills that adds the ability to take it back to the house any time. His pro day is coming up, if he wows people then he may go sooner. I expect that he's not 100% back tho and he'll run average and be a steal.

Round 5: Grover Stewart. NT out of Albany State, 6'4 347 pounds and moves so well. I don't know his times, but watching him move on film just makes you salivate at his potential. Very strong with his hands but doesn't use great technique. His skill set has his CEILING at Dontari Poe.

*Traded for Round 6: Folarin Orimolade. 6' 240 ILB out of Dartmouth. A physically gifted athlete who transitioned from a pass rusher to a complete LB. Has great instincts and sheds blocks very well from his time as an edge rusher. Fluid hips and back pedal in coverage, just needs more time and experience. Can't wait to see what he runs at his pro day on the 30th, expecting a 4.6-4.7. Late round gem that might actually beat out e-jak, Morrison, and Spence Year 1. 

UDFA. Sean Culkin TE Missouri. Good blocker who can compete with Brandon Williams for our blocking TE role. Also could play full back.

Reddick, cool.

Too high for Witherspoon. There will be better corners available there. I'd look at him in the 3rd.

If Lewis is still there then awesome. Although I'm not sure we'd still get him in a trade back. Why would we risk losing him, trading back just for a late 6th?

Mathis is a nice pick although EDGEs always get overdrafted so don't count on him being there.

McNicholls dances too much for me. Kareem Hunt might be another option.

Jackson. Awesome. Although I'm not sure he lasts to the super late 4th.

I don't know much about Stewart so I'll trust you.

Folarin sounds like a decent pickup.

Overall not bad. Just a few slotting issues I think.

Good news for your trade idea....

If the Colts (or any team for that matter)  drops back 10 spots in the 3rd,  you'll get a LOT more than a 6.

Dropping 10 spots is worth 50 pounds.....      that'll get you a mid-4th round pick.

If you're going to dream,  dream BIG,   and get full value!   

4 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Reddick, cool.

Too high for Witherspoon. There will be better corners available there. I'd look at him in the 3rd.

If Lewis is still there then awesome. Although I'm not sure we'd still get him in a trade back. Why would we risk losing him, trading back just for a late 6th?

Mathis is a nice pick although EDGEs always get overdrafted so don't count on him being there.

McNicholls dances too much for me. Kareem Hunt might be another option.

Jackson. Awesome. Although I'm not sure he lasts to the super late 4th.

I don't know much about Stewart so I'll trust you.

Folarin sounds like a decent pickup.

Overall not bad. Just a few slotting issues I think.

Idk man Ahkello tore up the combine and has really great film. He's a bad tackler but aside from that its hard to point out any flaws in his game, 6'3 corners that move like he does are rare but I would also be open to going with someone else. So much talent it'll be harder to miss then hit. Trade back, although you and another poster pointed out that its terrible value so my bad, gives us the opportunity to get Folarin. If you have time man just watch his 10 min highlight tape, of course its just highlights but it'll show his instincts how well he moves in space and how well he sheds blocks. Deep sleeper who I think competes day 1. I think Jordan Lewis falls even after a trade back because of the domestic violence issue. Also would go Monreau or Jones. Mathis might be gone but coming off a season ending injury in a deep class it wouldn't surprise me if he was there in the 4th. I'd go Hunt but he probably won't be there late 4th. McNichols is a great reciver out of the back field with return ability. Not a guy who likes contact but has great patience and good vision. Great compliment to Gore and Turbin and we get our franchise back another year. I dont expect Eddie be fully healthy at his pro day, also a deep safety class. Stewart is also a good study if you have the time. Thanks for the feed back man.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good news for your trade idea....

If the Colts (or any team for that matter)  drops back 10 spots in the 3rd,  you'll get a LOT more than a 6.

Dropping 10 spots is worth 50 pounds.....      that'll get you a mid-4th round pick.

If you're going to dream,  dream BIG,   and get full value!   

Nicee I'll take it! Just really wanted my Sleeper Folarin. If you trade back 10 spots in the 2, does that warrant a mid-late 3rd?

****Redo

Round 1: Haasan Reddick

Round 2: trade back 10 spots for a late 3rd. Ahkello Witherspoon

Round 3: Jordan Lewis

*Round 3: Joe Mathis

Round 4: Eddie Jackson

Round 4: Jeremy McNichols

Round 4: Jarron Jones/Grover Stewart

Round 5: Folarin Orimolade

If this doesn't make sense let me know please. Thanks errrrr body

17 minutes ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Nicee I'll take it! Just really wanted my Sleeper Folarin. If you trade back 10 spots in the 2, does that warrant a mid-late 3rd?

This year,  trading back 10 spots from where the Colts are might get you a very late 3.

It wouldn't happen every year,  but this year,  it just might....

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

This year,  trading back 10 spots from where the Colts are might get you a very late 3.

It wouldn't happen every year,  but this year,  it just might....

Perfect I'd much rather do that. Thanks a lot man much appreciated! Bleed blue

11 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

****Redo

Round 1: Haasan Reddick

Round 2: trade back 10 spots for a late 3rd. Ahkello Witherspoon

Round 3: Jordan Lewis

*Round 3: Joe Mathis

Round 4: Eddie Jackson

Round 4: Jeremy McNichols

Round 4: Jarron Jones/Grover Stewart

Round 5: Folarin Orimolade

If this doesn't make sense let me know please. Thanks errrrr body

If Sidney Jones medicals are trending upwards I'd take him instead of ahkello. 

Very realistic - I like it.  Personally, I'm in love with Tyus Bowser in the 2nd, and I think he is what everyone hopes Reddick will be (a twitched up toy for a D coordinator).  So, I'm starting to go CB in the 1st and Bowser in the 2nd.  But I agree with your draft priorities 100%.

17 hours ago, Archer said:

Very realistic - I like it.  Personally, I'm in love with Tyus Bowser in the 2nd, and I think he is what everyone hopes Reddick will be (a twitched up toy for a D coordinator).  So, I'm starting to go CB in the 1st and Bowser in the 2nd.  But I agree with your draft priorities 100%.

He's very talented I've seen him crack the 1st round in a mock recently, idk if he's the same freak athlete Haasan is tho. Do you think Tyus would play ILB or OLB on our 3-4? Anyways I've done a redo above and I feel like maybe even doing another. Definitely want an ILB, 2 CBS, and an edge with our first 4 picks. I want to stay put in the 1st and try to land Reddick or Foster, but trading back in the 2nd for a late 3rd would be super ideal. 

7 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

He's very talented I've seen him crack the 1st round in a mock recently, idk if he's the same freak athlete Haasan is tho. Do you think Tyus would play ILB or OLB on our 3-4? Anyways I've done a redo above and I feel like maybe even doing another. Definitely want an ILB, 2 CBS, and an edge with our first 4 picks. I want to stay put in the 1st and try to land Reddick or Foster, but trading back in the 2nd for a late 3rd would be super ideal. 

I've thought of him as an ILB for us ever since I saw how great he was in coverage.    But, the beauty of the pick would be that he could play any of our LB positions, so I'd go into TC with an open mind...