Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kevin Hogan

How is he not rated higher as a QB prospect? Not a Stanford fan but I've watched him probably 4 or 5 times this year and he's very solid, seldom makes mistakes and has more career wins than Luck did there. I've seen mocks having him taken in the 3rd and 4th rounds. He looks better than a 4th rounder to me...

Am I missing something? Maybe I am.

He played his best game ever tonight and deserves to be praised for it. However, there have been moments in big games (see the 2013 USC game or the 2014 Notre Dame game etc) where he can be frustrating. In those early years when he took over for Luck, I think many people attributed the wins to the strength of our defense in 2012-2013, which isn't really fair.  I would say this season has been his most impressive one yet, with the exception of the first game of the season against Northwestern.

How is he not rated higher as a QB prospect? Not a Stanford fan but I've watched him probably 4 or 5 times this year and he's very solid, seldom makes mistakes and has more career wins than Luck did there. I've seen mocks having him taken in the 3rd and 4th rounds. He looks better than a 4th rounder to me...

Am I missing something? Maybe I am.

As a Stanford fan I can share with you that he is viewed as a very, very poor man's Tim Tebow. 

Being a very good college quarterback doesn't mean you can be a good NFL quarterback.

He doesn't have an NFL arm.    Or delivery.     He's slow to recognize coverages.      Can't begin to tell you the number of throws he's made in college that would be picked off if he tried them in the NFL.      It wouldn't be pretty.

Could he be an NFL back-up?      Maybe.....    And I'd put a big question mark behind the "maybe"....

It's possible he could get drafted....    and maybe make a roster....    but he's not a future #1 QB in the NFL.

That's not who Kevin Hogan is.....