Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lollygagger8

To sum up our O-Line

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

•   Good post.   I agree with a fair amount of it, but not all.   One area where we strongly disagree is money.    I think with the 32 owners every decision they make is about money.    It's all about the $$$ for them.    Who gets to buy a team?    What city?   Who pays for a new stadium?   TV ratings.   Selling jerseys, hats and other gear.    Why would you consider putting a team in places like London and Mexico when you don't have teams in cities like Portland, San Diego, St Louis and San Antonio?    Why do they play games on Thursday might when players and coaches HATE them?   Why do they want to expand to 18 game seasons?    Money.    It's all about the money.   It's always about money.   Yes, it's disappointing that the man can't continue with his life's work...    but I suspect there more to this than meets the eye.   This is a big deal and it has all happened so fast.   I suspect the team and the league are trying to get in front of this before something worse leaks out.      I can empathize for Richardson but that only goes so far as he brought this upon himself.     
    • Irsay is my favorite owner. He seems to always make what he thinks is the best decision for the franchise.  He is not batting 100% but please tell me who is.    It's not like they haven't brought in lineman to try and fix the line,they just haven't been successful. Grigson is to blame for most of it and now he is gone we do need to be patient and allow Ballard the time to hopefully turn this ship wreck around.    I believe Irsay knows he dropped the ball when he hired a Rookie GM and teamed him up with a Rookie Head Coach and Drafted A Rookie Qb. That was asking for a trouble. 
    •     Oh, it's over alright.  
    • Who are you suggesting we sign in free agency? This year's free agent class is awful for offensive linemen. Jack Mewhort is probably somewhere between the second and fourth best lineman in the group, and there isn't a single tackle that I would consider enough of an improvement over Haeg or Good to be worth the money they would likely demand. With how many teams there are that need offensive line help, and the complete lack of really good linemen hitting the open market, some very average linemen are going to get way overpaid, so I don't think we can realistically justify filling more than one starting spot (out of LG, RG, and RT) through free agency.
    •   True. It is an apples and oranges comparison at this point.   Besides, Grigson got canned because he couldn't get along and created a hostile environment for the players and coaches, and if that part was congenial, he'd still be here. That, plus his first round picks going south. He said he went against his gut to draft Ryan Kelly and that was his best first round pick outside the slam dunk pick of Luck.  
  • Members

• pgt_rob

pgt_rob 1,810

• Ramble

Ramble 0

Rookie
    • RollerColt

RollerColt 827

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 13,638

• krunk

krunk 8,345