Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Veteran Qb? (Merge)

Exodus

Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

Please someone fill me in here, but I was thinking once the retirment papers had been submitted and accepted by the league (Collins, Bulger) that is was basically an act of congress to return to the league?

I do not think it is something that can happen immediately?

A little help from soneone that knows more please.

It was immediate with Favre when he returned each time. It was immediate with Tiki Barber.

It was so immediate when Favre attempted to unretire with the Packers that they had 48 hours, to a) renegotiate his deal to get it under the salary cap, b) trade him, c) release him. In his case they traded him to New York. When it was New York they released him. Minnesota welcomed him back. All they have to do is fax in the papers.

Bulger & Collins are both free agents so there are no other teams to deal with.

I like Bulger. He played in a pass first offense that had very similar demands to what the Colts offense has. Read quick, release quick, deliver the ball on time and with accuracy. Mike Martz has a good eye and high standards for his QB's and that makes him the guy I'd get on the phone with quick. I also think he's the one guy that could still soak in the playbook this late in the preseason.