Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Should Sign Chris Kemeaotu

HtownColt

Troy Aikman only threw over 20 TDs in a season one time in his career so would you say the cowboys wasted his talents? I know he had emitt smith but cmon 20 TDs that's a crazy stat to me but he's 3-3 in super bowls so he made up for it lol

If Luck is Troy Aikman, drafting him was a mistake because the Colts could get that production from a lot of QBs and should have traded this year's #1 pick. Even though Aikman was a #1 pick, I don't think you could find anyone would tell you that he was a better prospect/talent than Luck coming out of college. Aikman has 165 career TDs to 141 career INTs in 12 seasons. That's an average of 13.75 TDs and 11.75 INTs/season (Mark Sanchez averages 18 TDs and 17 INTs). In Manning's first 12 years he had 366 TDs and 181 INTs. That's an average of 31 TDs and 15 INTs/season. While I will not hold Luck to Manning numbers (although in all reality he should average 25+ TDs and 15 or less INTs/season which is in line with Brady's and Romo's career numbers), if all the Colts get is Troy Aikman then the Luck years are going to be long and not very successful. The early 90s Cowboys would not win 3 SBs in 4 years as they were constructed in this decade of the NFL.

If Luck is Troy Aikman, drafting him was a mistake because the Colts could get that production from a lot of QBs and should have traded this year's #1 pick. Even though Aikman was a #1 pick, I don't think you could find anyone would tell you that he was a better prospect/talent than Luck coming out of college. Aikman has 165 career TDs to 141 career INTs in 12 seasons. That's an average of 13.75 TDs and 11.75 INTs/season (Mark Sanchez averages 18 TDs and 17 INTs). In Manning's first 12 years he had 366 TDs and 181 INTs. That's an average of 31 TDs and 15 INTs/season. While I will not hold Luck to Manning numbers (although in all reality he should average 25+ TDs and 15 or less INTs/season which is in line with Brady's and Romo's career numbers), if all the Colts get is Troy Aikman then the Luck years are going to be long and not very successful. The early 90s Cowboys would not win 3 SBs in 4 years as they were constructed in this decade of the NFL.

That's not really fair to Aikman.it's not his fault he had to feed the beast in Emmitt Smith any QB would love to hand the ball to Emmitt Smith 30+ times a game. We don't have a emmitt smith so we have to sling it lol

That's not really fair to Aikman.it's not his fault he had to feed the beast in Emmitt Smith any QB would love to hand the ball to Emmitt Smith 30+ times a game. We don't have a emmitt smith so we have to sling it lol

My point still remains that if for some reason the Colts do want to be a smashmouth team, then they should not have drafted a QB with the #1 overall pick. They should have kept PM, traded the pick to the Browns and drafted Richardson and BPA with the other first round pick they would have had this year (this doesn't even take into account all the other picks they would have had from a trade). Luck needs to produce like a top tier QB to make the pick worth it. Otherwise, yes, they are wasting his talents and also wasting resources by not taking advantage of trading the pick.

Who is the last SB winning team to average 30+ rushes a game and have a QB that averages less than a TD a game? Do you really think a team can win consistently in this league like that?

My point still remains that if for some reason the Colts do want to be a smashmouth team, then they should not have drafted a QB with the #1 overall pick. They should have kept PM, traded the pick to the Browns and drafted Richardson and BPA with the other first round pick they would have had this year (this doesn't even take into account all the other picks they would have had from a trade). Luck needs to produce like a top tier QB to make the pick worth it. Otherwise, yes, they are wasting his talents and also wasting resources by not taking advantage of trading the pick.

Who is the last SB winning team to average 30+ rushes a game and have a QB that averages less than a TD a game? Do you really think a team can win consistently in this league like that?

These are two different leagues from when aikman played back then every team that won a SB had a 30+ carry back. Now you have to sling it if you wanna win there's no doubt in my mind that's what Luck and Arians is going to do. I think when they say smashmouth I think they mean on like 3rd and 2 they can be able to run the ball instead of pass it that's what I think they are saying not smashmouth like it was in the 90's with Emmitt smith,Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Jerome bettis, them kind of days are over for now

Colts should sign ex Steelers OG Chris Kemeaotu 6"3 344lbs 29yrs old proven starter in this league and super bowl champ. I feel we could really use him

Castanzo,Keameaotu,Satele,McGlynn,Ijilana

I just don't trust Justice starting that's why I moved Ijilana back at tackle

He Would really solidify our o-line so Grigson make the move lol

Proven starter? Yes.

Super Bowl Champion? Yes. But was that because of him? Ben Utecht, Bryan Fletcher, Tim Jennings, Freddy Keiaho, Aaron Moorehead. They're all Super Bowl Champions. I don't hear anyone begging for their return.

Ex-Steeler OL? Yes, but I don't recall that as being something to brag about in recent years.

Could he help? Perhaps, but there's no telling if he would.

Do you think Justice and Linkenbach are going to get together and compare the best ways to let the defender get the sack?

Linkenbach: I like to stand there and see which side the guy wants to go, if he is going towards my right shoulder I step off with my left foot while keeping my arms tight to my sides to offer the least amount of resistance as possible.

Justice: I at least like to stand somewhat in front so they have to run around me that way I can still get paid.

Linkenbach: I tried that once but the guy just picked me up and threw me on top of Manning and it kind of hurt my back, so I don't want to do that anymore.

Justice: Listen to me kid, I know what I'm talking about... I gave up 5 sacks in one game.

Linkenbach: That is what I will aspire too, you're my hero.

This should win post of the week! Awesome. "Hurt my back" lol

I do realize that and comparing the college to the NFL is apples to oranges. However, if we do want to go down that road, we watched Stanford lose Luck's final game because they opted to run in key situations, resulting in missed field goals, instead of let Luck try to make a play with his arm/legs. So yes, Stanford did "waste his talent" because the staff did not take full advantage of it in key situations when they stuck with the run first mentality. If Luck is who we all think he is (and is not Alex Smith) then the Colts running a Stanford-type offense defies logic because it will hold back his ability to impact the game at the level he is capable of.

WAIT A MINUTE. I thought Luck was SOOO SMART he called all the plays!! LOL So is it his fault he didn't trust himself to throw the ball in those key moments. Anyways I think building around a physical smashmouth defense and offense is fine by me. Having a solid, accurate, intelligent qb that can make the passes and keep the chains moving on third down while running and wearing down the defense is EXACTLY what I would want.

Troy Aikman only threw over 20 TDs in a season one time in his career so would you say the cowboys wasted his talents? I know he had emitt smith but cmon 20 TDs that's a crazy stat to me but he's 3-3 in super bowls so he made up for it lol

Can't agree more. He is a HOF. If Luck could be Aikman I would be perfectly happy. Sure I would love for him to have similar Manning qualities but that is asking a lot. He could also be Tim Couch.

I couldn't disagree more. Troy Aikman was a first ballot HOF. Sure we don't have Emmitt Smith and I hope we get someone like that. You don't think Aikman could have carried the team by throwing if asked too? Several times he put the teams on his shoulders and lead them to a win. This game is about winning...not stats. I don't care if Luck has those numbers if we are winning.

There are more than one way to win. I fully believe we could win like that and I fully believe that the Cowboys of the 90s could have won just as many Super Bowls in the last couple years. I mean look at the HOF on those teams and pro bowlers at all the positions. PLEASE. I hated the Cowboys but those teams would still be winners. That is just ludicrous to think they wouldn't. OMG the talent all over the board on those teams was off the charts. Precisely why Aikman was the perfect leader and fit for the team. Whatever our team shapes up to be I just hope Luck is similar to that. You honestly can't tell me the NY Giants would beat one of those Dallas teams. Lets just be honets. You believe you have to throw throw throw to win in this new league...but you don't. Great defense and a balanced offense with a qb that can lead a drive when the team needs it is all a team needs.