Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

These next 4 weeks..

Indeee

Minnesota

Buffalo

NYJ

Detroit

I think at this point we all should try to reserve our overall opinions, if we can, on this QB and the team actually, until this stretch is over.

I think we all can agree that regardless of the record, this team currently doesn't look like a team that can actually compete for a deep playoff run and/or championship.

The Texans are off right now. They haven't really played well of late since Collins went down so the take that the Colts almost won the game is moot.

This league is not a developmental league but if the Colts are h*ll bent on developing AR rather than focusing on trying to win games with Flacco, then let's let all this develop until we cast our conclusions. The next 4 weeks should really tell where we are as a team from the scheme, Identity, and the path forward regardless of what our record will be once this stretch is over. To me, the record is the least of our concerns right now and it doesn't benefit any of us to continue to use that as a measuring stick.

I'm also speaking to myself here more than the rest. I personally am going to take a step back regardless of the reservations I have already made. 

-Peace

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I think we all can agree that regardless of the record, this team currently doesn't look like a team that can actually compete for a deep playoff run and/or championship.

SInce our developmental QB was injured and did not develop last season, and critics were everywhere about the lack of additions to the secondary and the defensive scheme in general, I don't see how anybody would think this would be a successful season after most accepted last season as a nonsuccessful/developmental season.  Nothing really changed since then.

21 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Minnesota

Buffalo

NYJ

Detroit

I think at this point we all should try to reserve our overall opinions, if we can, on this QB and the team actually, until this stretch is over.

The Texans are off right now. They haven't really played well of late since Collins went down so the take that the Colts almost won the game is moot.

This league is not a developmental league but if the Colts are h*ll bent on developing AR rather than focusing on trying to win games with Flacco, then let's let all this develop until we cast our conclusions. The next 4 weeks should really tell where we are as a team from the scheme, Identity, and the path forward regardless of what our record will be once this stretch is over. To me, the record is the least of our concerns right now and it doesn't benefit any of us to continue to use that as a measuring stick.

I'm also speaking to myself here more than the rest. I personally am going to take a step back regardless of the reservations I have already made. 

-Peace

You should have picked an easier part of the schedule for fans to reserve judgement. 😁

Spouting off after a loss is how fans cope, no matter how irrational some may be. I say, scream at the forum instead of at your family. 

Peace to you, as well.

My take.  The team is 4-4 with all games decided by 6 pts or less.  This is not a rebuilding year...the team can win now.  If SS is more efficient on his play calling and uses the running game more effectively, then we're sitting at 6-2 instead.  SS and AR are the ones holding the team back....the "boom or bust" approach is foolish.  

I would've had Flacco start this season day 1, include AR in various packages in each game, and have him learn under Flacco.  As the season goes on, gradually increase the number of plays for AR each game, and maybe have him start in the final 2 weeks of the regular season against the Giants and Jags.  If Indy went that route, we would be in the playoffs come January as a WC, possibly even as division winners, and it would set up AR to be more seasoned to become the regular starter sometime next year.

• Like 1