Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next Defensive Coordinator

IndyColtsFan411

13 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence was pressured just once on his 34 dropbacks. That 2.9% pressure rate was the lowest in a game in his career, per ESPN Research. The two lowest pressure rates in his career have come against Indianapolis (pressured on 10% of dropbacks in Week 2 in 2022).

Colts currently rank: -- 31st in % of drives ending in punts (23.6%). -- 32nd in 3-and-out% (18.2%) -- 32nd in yards surrendered per drive (37.7)

Can you say historically BAD?

Every week it seems a player is having a career day. Even in the win last week , Feilds had a career day. It's getting to the point that the opponent doesn't have to dress a punter.

I said the same thing. Every game a QB and or WR are having either their best game of the season or best game of their careers. Lawrence, BTJ, and Bigsby all had career and season high performances. Bigsby had 132 total yards and 2 TDs in 2023 total….he had 101 and 2 TDs against us. Lawrence threw for a career high 371. 122 yards receiving was a season high for BTJ.

That is absolutely embarrassing and unacceptable. Falls right on Bradley and Ballard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• No one knows because they have a bye week. If he does play i dm sure he won’t be 100%. I am just glad Henry is not there anymore.
    • Colts have a good HC and this offense is on the right track. I don’t think ltod understand what firing Ballard could mean for Steichen and AR.
    • I would’ve thought conclaves would’ve gone in. Dalton surprised me.
    • It’s truly a combination of coaching and skill. Now when you have an NFL franchise one, the most important thing you do is finding the best backups in case someone goes down. But more I look over the Ballard regime I see that Ballard has been a lot of high draft picks and the defensive line, but he ignored the defensive back room and the subs we have either seem to be lazy or just don’t get the pro games. But I know one thing once we get a new defensive coordinator and all the coaches that go with that it’ll be a good start. The fans will understand frustration and it may save Ballard’s job for at least one more year just can’t play 10 yards off a receiver on a 3 yard First down. I’m tired of watching three  defensive players circling a receiver and giving a big enough cushion where the ball is thrown right in these things are unacceptable. No NFL defense should look the way that ours does and has been for a long time.
    • Imagine if we jammed receivers to mess up timing instead of giving them free reign for the first 5+ yards, we have corners that can play physical we just don't let them. It would then actually give more time for our DL to get to the QB. Ironically on those deep passes our CBs were biting on the quick pass which allowed the WR to run pass them. So we were giving 5+ yard buffers allowing easy pass and catch on the quick pass and it was happening so frequent when they went deep our CBs froze when the WRs went deep leaving them wide open. So worst of both worlds, thats on coaching.    I don't expect any mid-season changes unless it gets historically bad, but its the same problem as last year really where the offense is scoring enough to win but our defense loses the game. I mean for awhile last year we had a top 5 offense but a losing record.
  • Members