Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Oline graded number one in NFL

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

In game 2 against the packers I can mostly agree, but in game 1 our offense scored so fast on multiple drives that our defense wasn’t able to get off the field..the offense more than did

its job against the Texans but the defense could not get off the field.

in game 2 the offense was miserable for most of the game putting the defense on the field but again the defense just couldn’t do its job.

I know weather shouldn’t be an excuse… 

But both teams had players throwing up on the field. The heat really seemed to hit some of them hard. 

The OL has been pretty good in my books. Especially in pass-protection I feel like we haven't given up a ton of pressure. Too bad the game scripts have gone completely against us and we've had to play with a deficit pretty much 90% of the games so we can see what a more balanced pass/run ratio can do for the team. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It is going to come down to me and Moe eventually but @John Hammondsas my interest. I will eventually be like Peyton and like Jim Nantz said pick this apart 
    • You took the Pats tonight, 1 down already -Homer is coming!
    • Wrong. The defense gets gassed when the offense is unable to stay on the field.
    • The OL has been pretty good in my books. Especially in pass-protection I feel like we haven't given up a ton of pressure. Too bad the game scripts have gone completely against us and we've had to play with a deficit pretty much 90% of the games so we can see what a more balanced pass/run ratio can do for the team. 
    • I disagree to a degree. AR is much more of a pocket passer than a lot of people would like to consider him. He needs MORE reps ... in and out of the pocket. He just needs reps and experience. Agree with one thing though... he might benefit from changing his platform once in a while and giving the defense some deferent looks that they cannot key in on.  Somewhat agree... but game script dictates some of this. We've just not been playing with the lead a lot and we've been in position to need to throw a lot. I still don't think him sitting the last drive last week was that huge of a problem, especially after he actually dropped an easy pass earlier in the game. He's never been known to be a great pass-catching back and I have no idea why people are pretending like he is one here.   We need better TEs, AR doesn't need to force throws to mediocre TEs who slip or run the wrong routes or can't catch the ball.  Yep... lots of things need cleaning up in our defense. Some seem like coaching points, some are personnel based. I think our LBs have been big culprits in our porous run defense. 
  • Members