Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woods injured(again)

csmopar

On 8/21/2024 at 2:38 AM, Happy2BeHere said:

Meh I think it’s pretty fair to say it’s just time to move on from the guy. I have no clue what will happen with him but I mean he has missed far more time than he’s played…in this league the players are needed on the field as someone mentioned before with availability. It would suck if he blossomed next year somewhere else but at the same time it is what it is. Just like when we traded Jerry Hughes who by all accounts seemed to be a bust here and then was a stud for the Bills..sometimes players fit better somewhere else. Not the same situation with Hughes and woods, just saying it would suck if he caught on and did well somewhere else 

It seriously sucks.  For the player and the team.  You get drafted with the hope of Becoming Something with the team, but you have an injury before you get a chance.  And then another injury.  And then...  It's happening to Woods.  It happened to Paris Campbell.  There's a danger of it happening to Dayo, at least by the evidence that he's not running with the 1st team.  (Before the arguments start, yes, the situation is different.  But the idea is similar:  having your career hiccup due to injury.)  There's a danger it could be happening to JuJu.  I just pray it doesn't happen to AR5.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Let me bask in the glory of your positive energy!  
    • Colts 34 - Bears 17 Colts put it together on both sides of the ball and the negative Nancies cry and complain because we win and ruin our draft position.
    • Do we really need to rehash this again?  There are probably hundreds of posts saying the same thing.   To sum up, we knew our young CBs are inexperienced and relatively slow (hence the soft coverage).  We knew Blackmon and Juju have injury histories.  On the whole, we knew the DBs were young.    Forget Hunter, the pass rush is good enough.  There were a half dozen CBs and S's we could have brought in that would not break the bank.  They would add experience and competition at the very least.   Yes, that group doesn't seem to be the real problem now.  Even though we've already lost a starter for the year.  But adjusting the game plan to stop the pass (against Houston) exposed the run defense.  Apparently they laid out a pretty good picture for GB too.  Even though the D didn't give up a lot of points, it did give up a lot of time of possession in both games.   That's why I said I'm resigned to seeing it for what it is, and not expecting much this season.  And apparently the front office isn't too concerned either.    
    • I would bet yes, but definitely trying to trade back to do it. There were at least a couple high quality prospects available.  And of course I threw the possibility out there because the poster said Ballard did not try to spend some of our cap space to help the team, and his next whine would have been it should have been used on the secondary.  But you get that.
    • Its not a stretch, I believe. No doubt that Mahommes is a great qb, however, I feel that they always attribute the success of an NFL team to the QB. Do you think they win a Superbowl without that D? No way. The 1st 2 games of the season and Mahomme's has been okay. I am not discounting Mahommes value but I think that defense is a top 5 unit.  I feel that the Chiefs are now a complete team. Yes, they loss some pieces, but they kept the ones that are integral to the overall success of them as a unit. They have a great D line, all pro corner, solid LB play and great safeties
  • Members