Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

World's #1 Pro Golfer Arrested

All chargers will be dropped is my prediction unless Sheffler actually got violent with a cop which looks like wasn't the case. One of his charges is 2nd degree assault on an officer. One, they better have that on camera, two an assault can mean anything like words being exchanged. Like I posted on the Colts wins thread, we had power tripping cops that found out who he was and wanted to make the news. Scheffler, from I am reading didn't even really do anything wrong. He had the credential to cut through traffic in a golf tournament he is playing in worth millions of dollars. He didn't put anyone's life in danger by trying to drive around the scene of the accident and then you had 1 or 2 cops that went banana's. Good for them. I hope he wins the tournament now lmao .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All chargers will be dropped is my prediction unless Sheffler actually got violent with a cop which looks like wasn't the case. One of his charges is 2nd degree assault on an officer. One, they better have that on camera, two an assault can mean anything like words being exchanged. Like I posted on the Colts wins thread, we had power tripping cops that found out who he was and wanted to make the news. Scheffler, from I am reading didn't even really do anything wrong. He had the credential to cut through traffic in a golf tournament he is playing in worth millions of dollars. He didn't put anyone's life in danger by trying to drive around the scene of the accident and then you had 1 or 2 cops that went banana's. Good for them. I hope he wins the tournament now lmao .

I feel like it was a 3 way failure: 

Valhalla failed to properly notify the players that an accident was going and to have a backup alternative route to get to the course. 

The police failed in communicating with all officers involved on the situation and circumstances with players attempting to get to the course. 

Scheffler failed in complying with an officer's request. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I feel like it was a 3 way failure: 

Valhalla failed to properly notify the players that an accident was going and to have a backup alternative route to get to the course. 

The police failed in communicating with all officers involved on the situation and circumstances with players attempting to get to the course. 

Scheffler failed in complying with an officer's request. 

All good points. I don't know all the facts but according to Jeff Darlington who is covering this tournament, he said that Scheffler didn't think he was doing anything wrong. Next thing he knows a cop is reaching inside his car to try to yank him out of his vehicle. Cops aren't allowed to do that; it's a violation of a person's rights to reach into someone's car and force them out. A person has rights up until a felony is suspected, the felony came after he was yanked from his car. If I was a Lawyer, I would eat this alive and get all charges dropped. I normally support Police, they have a tough job to do and their lives are put in danger a lot, but in this case, it was Scottie 'freakin' Scheffler (not like he had a gun) - harmless golfer trying to make his Tee time and had the credential to do so. IMO, Cops knew who it was and wanted to make news by saying, look at who we arrested. In reality, they are looking bad already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All good points. I don't know all the facts but according to Jeff Darlington who is covering this tournament, he said that Scheffler didn't think he was doing anything wrong. Next thing he knows a cop is reaching inside his car to try to yank him out of his vehicle. Cops aren't allowed to do that; it's a violation of a person's rights to reach into someone's car and force them out. A person has rights up until a felony is suspected, the felony came after he was yanked from his car. If I was a Lawyer, I would eat this alive and get all charges dropped. I normally support Police, they have a tough job to do and their lives are put in danger a lot, but in this case, it was Scottie 'freakin' Scheffler (not like he had a gun) - harmless golfer trying to make his Tee time and had the credential to do so. IMO, Cops knew who it was and wanted to make news by saying, look at who we arrested. In reality, they are looking bad already.

According to his lawyer one officer was directing him to proceed into the course entrance, and apparently the detective didn't get the memo. 

This is how easy it is to end up on the wrong side. 

I'd say Kentucky can say goodbye to any future tournaments after this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

According to his lawyer one officer was directing him to proceed into the course entrance, and apparently the detective didn't get the memo. 

This is how easy it is to end up on the wrong side. 

I'd say Kentucky can say goodbye to any future tournaments after this. 

Another good point. Scheffler's lawyer was stunned by the news. A guy that has never been trouble and was just trying to get to the entrance of a major Golf tournament he was playing in. Had this been some joe blow going like 50 MPH weaving in and out of traffic and disobeying police, that is different.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2024 at 1:37 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I called this - see above, after reading how the police handled it and gathering in the facts, I knew this would happen. I am usually pro-police but the way that police department handled this incident was pee-pour. 

Someone get this egotistical * off the force... The face of a smug, jackwagon. 

• Like 1