Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Inside Look at Player Interviews at the Combine

RollerColt

I always liked Blake Freeland.

Yes, he's still got some growing to do.  But the shear fact that he was able to start multiple games at both tackle positions due to injuries, without sucking badly, is a testament to where this kid can go.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Yes, he's still got some growing to do.  But the shear fact that he was able to start multiple games at both tackle positions due to injuries, without sucking badly, is a testament to where this kid can go.

I'm excited to see Jake Witt in training camp after he had a 'redshirt' year doing film work, walk-throughs, getting into a pro strength and conditioning program, a pro nutrition program and all the mental reps he's had!

• Like 7

15 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

He did suck badly I’m afraid.  He ranked 80/84 for tackles.  That’s very bad.  Raiman ranked 7/84.  That’s very good.  So Freeland did suck badly unfortunately.  Yeah he was a rookie and he needs some strength and conditioning.  But he has a long way to go to get to average.  He shouldn’t be handed the swing tackle position.  Hopefully we bring in some competition or a veteran we can count on to do a better job.

32 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He did suck badly I’m afraid.  He ranked 80/84 for tackles.  That’s very bad.  Raiman ranked 7/84.  That’s very good.  So Freeland did suck badly unfortunately.  Yeah he was a rookie and he needs some strength and conditioning.  But he has a long way to go to get to average.  He shouldn’t be handed the swing tackle position.  Hopefully we bring in some competition or a veteran we can count on to do a better job.

Did we still win games? Yes we did. He was serviceable and was thrown into the fire against all pro defensive line guys  For a fourth round rookie he did a pretty good job and will keep getting better.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did we still win games? Yes we did. He was serviceable and was thrown into the fire against all pro defensive line guys  For a fourth round rookie he did a pretty good job and will keep getting better.

He wasn't serviceable.  He sucked.  We had no one else to put out there.  He can play football.  Great.  If serviceable means playing the position yeah he's serviceable.  lol

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I agree, his PFF score was poor.  However, I didn't grind my teeth to powder with every snap like I did when we had Eric Fisher, Matt Pryor, and Julien Davenport.  He wasn't supposed to start.  He was drafted to be a backup right tackle.  At yet, by mid-training camp, he had already vaulted to the primary swing for both tackle positions.  And when he was forced to start, he held his own.  Barely, to be sure!  But he wasn't a traffic cone like Pryor was.  I expect him to advance beyond his rookie performance level.  No, I'm not expecting him to be All World or anything.  Serviceable/Reliable is probably his ceiling.  But that's pretty good for a 4th round pick!

• Like 3