Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joint Practices

Bearzzz

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I said this before the draft. Thr Bears had a chance on Bryce Young. I would have picked him and traded Fields. Now here is thr problem with the Bears accumulated picks. They took themselves out of the number one pick. Let's say they win 5 or more games. They will have taken themselves our of the Wiliams and Maye sweepstakes. Teams with the 1st and 2nd pick won't trade out as they will most likely need a franchise qb. Now the Bears may have to trade up to get a qb if Fields is a bust. Therefore, what have u really accomplished?

It's just me, but I'm not taking a QB of Young's size #1 overall.  I am okay surrounding Fields with talent and letting him try to prove himself. Also like having options with 2 first rounders and two 4th round picks next year.  It is a long season and nobody knows how it will turn out, but I do like where my team is sitting right now.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Actually, I don't think u are to far off. I think Pierce is built for this system. Gransom is going to excell, and I think Pittman is replaceable especially,when he wants north of 20 million.

I think downs will thrive in the system to

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Maybe Fields can't process, but it's hard to tell when they have him handcuffed. I don't know how someone can miss all the similarities, though -- size, athleticism, running ability, arm strength, limited but explosive production in college, etc. You're talking about Fields as if he's less capable than Richardson, but Richardson is more raw, untapped, and inexperienced than Fields was coming out.

As for the play calling on Saturday, I'm not taking too much from 12-15 plays. But if that resembles a real  yeah it was conservative. Quick passes, RPOs, very specific downfield attacks on half field reads, etc. And I'm fine with that, especially in preseason, and it was not as conservative as the Bears seem with Fields... But I won't judge a gameplan based on one quarter's worth of calls. What I want to know is how we'd handle a tight game in the second half, what we'll do on 3rd and long in the 4th quarter, etc. 

If I can take anything away from Richardson after the draft it is this. I find he has elite pocket awareness. He looks to pass first and run later, which is unheard for a guy with his elite athleticism. I do find him to be extremely  mature for his age and players will gravitate towards him. I really don't see him as being a bust. I truly beleive the Colts have their guy. Fields want to run on every play and I think 3 years in, he had done nothing to show me he has any pocket awareness. He is a cute fantasy player, but the Bears will be drafting a qb high next year lol.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If I can take anything away from Richardson after the draft it is this. I find he has elite pocket awareness. He looks to pass first and run later, which is unheard for a guy with his elite athleticism. I do find him to be extremely  mature for his age and players will gravitate towards him. I really don't see him as being a bust. I truly beleive the Colts have their guy. Fields want to run on every play and I think 3 years in, he had done nothing to show me he has any pocket awareness. He is a cute fantasy player, but the Bears will be drafting a qb high next year lol.

If we had a tyreek hill like player paired with Richardson  arm we'd be unstoppable. Randy Moss would have loved Richardson 

4 minutes ago, Bearzzz said:

It's just me, but I'm not taking a QB of Young's size #1 overall.  I am okay surrounding Fields with talent and letting him try to prove himself. Also like having options with 2 first rounders and two 4th round picks next year.  It is a long season and nobody knows how it will turn out, but I do like where my team is sitting right now.

I  do think Bears are going all in in Fields and surrounding him with talent and then there are no excuses. The only issue is this. The Bears may  win enough games to take themselves out of the top ten and also come to terms with the fact that Fields is not their guy. They will have to trade up and wil they be able to get a guy next year who grades higher than Bryce Young, Stroud or Richardsons. I am not sure they can

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

If we had a tyreek hill like player paired with Richardson  arm we'd be unstoppable. Randy Moss would have loved Richardson 

Hili is a God and HOF player. I do think based on skill set all u need is a couple of guys like Pierce.  I think he is going to explode this year as,will Gransom.

15 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I  do think Bears are going all in in Fields and surrounding him with talent and then there are no excuses. The only issue is this. The Bears may  win enough games to take themselves out of the top ten and also come to terms with the fact that Fields is not their guy. They will have to trade up and wil they be able to get a guy next year who grades higher than Bryce Young, Stroud or Richardsons. I am not sure they can

They have panthers draft capital to help facilitate a trade if needed.  Only issue is IF a QB needy team already has the picks (1 and 2 presuming Caleb Williams and Maye).   They could also trade Fields for something.  If they have a middle type season, likely there will be suitors for Fields

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If you compare their college stats, not much different in rushing attempts.

AR: 161 rushing attempts, in 22 games, 7.3 rushes/game

JF: 260 rushing attempts, in 34 games, 7.6 rushes/game

AR: 3105 passing yds, 24TDs, 15INTs, in 22 games

JF: 5373 passing yds, 63TDs, 9INTs, in 34 games

2 hours ago, Nate! said:

They have panthers draft capital to help facilitate a trade if needed.  Only issue is IF a QB needy team already has the picks (1 and 2 presuming Caleb Williams and Maye).   They could also trade Fields for something.  If they have a middle type season, likely there will be suitors for Fields

If thry have a middle type season that most likely means that Fields is probably their guy.