Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans To Wear Old Oilers Jerseys??


King Colt

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 12:21 PM, RollerColt said:

It gets so confusing for us younger fans when this happens. I know the Oilers were at the early part of my life, but I don't really remember them much. 

 

Practically every team can trace their lineage back to some other city. 

They could not get over the Steelers the biggest thorn in their history. Bum Phillips addressed the crowd after losing the playoff game to the Steelers said, "This year we banged on the door. Next year we're gonna kick the sonofa* down." But they never did.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

They could not get over the Steelers the biggest thorn in their history. Bum Phillips addressed the crowd after losing the playoff game to the Steelers said, "This year we banged on the door. Next year we're gonna kick the sonofa* down." But they never did.

Friggin' Steelers... the bane of most of football teams in America... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick Google search indicates the Oilers moved to Tennessee in 1997, and played 2 seasons as the Tennessee Oilers before becoming the Titans in 1999.

 

The franchise's (Oilers or Titans) only Superbowl appearance was 2000 versus the St Louis Rams

 

Funny I don't really remember that so well. It had little effect on the Colts at the time because we were still in the AFC East prior to the 2002 Division Realignment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2023 at 6:55 AM, shakedownstreet said:

Quick Google search indicates the Oilers moved to Tennessee in 1997, and played 2 seasons as the Tennessee Oilers before becoming the Titans in 1999.

 

The franchise's (Oilers or Titans) only Superbowl appearance was 2000 versus the St Louis Rams

 

Funny I don't really remember that so well. It had little effect on the Colts at the time because we were still in the AFC East prior to the 2002 Division Realignment

This is actually the first big game I remember watching.  I didn't watch football as a kid (mom was very "my baby ain't playin no football!").  Went to a SB party with some friends and I remember how dramatic the final play was where TEN came up 1yd shy.  Stuck with me for some reason.  I didn't get REALLY into football until some years after that, basically immediately after moving states for college.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2023 at 10:20 AM, CheezyColt said:

This is actually the first big game I remember watching.  I didn't watch football as a kid (mom was very "my baby ain't playin no football!").  Went to a SB party with some friends and I remember how dramatic the final play was where TEN came up 1yd shy.  Stuck with me for some reason.  I didn't get REALLY into football until some years after that, basically immediately after moving states for college.

I remember that Tennessee team all too well. The Jags won 14 games that year. The three we lost were all to the Titan's including the AFC championship game. I have hated that team ever since...LOL.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...