Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ARZ Cardinals hiring Jonathan Gannon

landrus13

It is my understanding - after reading an interview with Sirianni the week leading up to the Super Bowl that one of the responsibilities of a head coach is to mentor his coaching staff toward achieving elevated positions in the NFL.

He gave credit to Frank Reich in his own coaching development.

Nick Sirianni and Matt Eberflus both landed head coaching gigs after working with Frank Reich.

Now - Sirianni has to replace both of his coordinators in one season.

He learned well - and - developed well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Of,course it is just speculation. This forum is all speculation and opinions , and to your point nothing is ever leaked from the organization they don’t want public including the content of their pre-draft videos. It is all just spitballing in the offseason by the media and the fans.
    • If there was any flaw with the Hooker pick, it was simply his injury history. Dude was a big time playmaker, and he showed that whenever he was healthy. Sadly, that wasn't often enough, and it undermined his career potential.   There's also a common perception that FS isn't a first round position. I fully believe in positional value, but I don't agree at FS. I think it's close to a premium position when you have a playmaker. Especially when you want to play a bunch of Cover 3.
    • I don’t disagree. But if AR is going to make enough difference to win the close games, wouldn’t we want to put every tool in his bag to be the true difference for this team? What players on defense are going to be a bigger difference maker for this team over a high level pass catcher/playmaker, if AR is that guy? That argument isn’t just, well AR is better, therefore he will get us to the playoffs. If that is true, why would it not be better to load him up with playmakers that can make a difference now and over the next several years than to just keep what we have and try and find a few defensive players? We’ll address the defense at some point in the draft… I think we’ll still get a vet in the secondary room post draft. I think the corners will be better next year. Defensive line could very well also. Will our pass catchers be better? Just because AR is out there? I don’t necessarily see it that way. I think the offense will be, but I see no reason to not load him up. 
    • And he was playing very well before getting injured 
    • Excellent article on the Athletic   https://theathletic.com/5420476/2024/04/22/nfl-draft-nil-money-impact?source=user-shared-article   NIL money has changed the draft. This year a much smaller number of underclassmen declared for the draft. Many players who could have made the draft stronger stayed in school because they get paid in college. Also, many believe that because many underclassmen stayed in school, only about 150 to 170 are draftable (have the talent to be drafted). Some getting drafted this year would have been undrafted in earlier years.   It should be a fun draft anyway.
  • Members

• erock

erock 3

• Cujo54

Cujo54 0

Rookie
    • w87r

w87r 13,833

Moderators
    • NFLfan

NFLfan 17,302

Moderators