Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A hopeful Matt Ryan comparison.

NFL Insider Shares A Hopeful Matt Ryan Comparison

By Lawrence Fernandez

Indianapolis Colts fans are thrilled to have Matt Ryan as their starting quarterback.

Why wouldn’t they be if they will have a former Most Valuable Player under center?

Aside from that individual distinction, he was also a one-time First-Team All-Pro and a four-time Pro Bowler.

But beyond the achievements and the stats, history is favoring the Colts, as shared by NFL Network’s James Palmer.

Palmer shared the list of quarterbacks who switched team after having at least 50,000 passing yards and winning an MVP.

Aside from Ryan, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Brett Favre made the shift.

Favre playing for the Minnesota Vikings must have been like a bad dream for Green Bay Packers fans.

After all, he was the team’s Iron Man with over 200 consecutive starts and won a Super Bowl with the franchise.

As for Brady and Manning, they kept their winning ways despite changing uniforms.

Manning helped the Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50, the franchise’s third win in six tries.

Meanwhile, Brady won Super Bowl LV in his first season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Following that though, Ryan has a great chance of giving Indianapolis a Super Bowl.

But while that’s easier said than done, the Colts have a roster that could go all the way.

Colts Are Flying Under The Radar

They might not be the first team that football fans will say regarding the top teams in the AFC.

However, the Colts do have the talent to win the games that matter.

Aside from Ryan, they have Jonathan Taylor, who led the league in carries, rushing yards, and touchdowns last season.

They also have Michael Pittman Jr., who is poised for a strong season.

Their offensive line with Quenton Nelson and Ryan Kelly is also one of the league’s best.

Finally, a defense that has DeForest Buckner, Yannick Ngakoue, Darius Leonard, Kenny Moore II, and Stephon Gilmore can shut down the opposition.

Add Ryan to the mix and the Colts should be able to have an easier time putting points on the board

• Like 2

I concur - on all points made.

I have tickets for the Colts home opener vs the Chiefs and the Colts home game vs the Chargers!!

Both games will be HUGE measuring sticks for the overall improvement the team has made.

Opening the season 3 - 0 is within reach!!

6 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I concur - on all points made.

I have tickets for the Colts home opener vs the Chiefs and the Colts home game vs the Chargers!!

Both games will be HUGE measuring sticks for the overall improvement the team has made.

Opening the season 3 - 0 is within reach!!

Where are your seats? I’m flying in from Denver for that Chiefs games too!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now