Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN has TWO NEW draft analysts, and the foursome has a consensus top-10....

So....     in addition to Kiper and McShay....    ESPN, in recent months, has added two people that draft followers probably know...

Matt Miller, formerly of Bleacher Report is now an ESPN draft contributor...   Miller also has his own somewhat new draft website... TheDraftScout.com

Also, ESPN has added Jason Reid fulltime.   He used to work for The Draft Network.    

So, there are now 4 people covering the draft for ESPN on something close to a fulltime basis.    ESPN also has other lesser known people who will contribute a story or rankings in a few weeks.    But the foundation of what the Network does is now being done by these four. 

And they've now put out their consensus Top-10...    it's a very small part of a much, much larger article...   So, I'm going to share it.

1.   Hutchinson           1.0           Top guy on all boards

2.   Ekwonu                2.5           Ranked 2nd on two, ranked 3rd on two.

3.   Neal                      3.0           Ranked 3rd on two, and 4th and 2nd on the other two.

4.   Hamilton              4.0            Ranked 5th on two, and  4th and 2nd on the other two.

5.   Gardner                5.8          Ranked 8th. 6th, 5th and 4th.

6.   Thibidoux             6.3          Ranked 9th, 7th, 6th, 3rd.

7.    Walker                  7.3           Ranked 10th, 8th, 7th, 4th.

8.    Wilson                 8.5           Ranked 11th, 10th, 7th, and 6th.

9.    London                9.3           Ranked 13th, 9th, 8th, 7th.

10.   Stingley               9.8          Ranked  13th, 11th, 9th, and 6th.

I think it's important to show this to emphasize the point that different people see the same thing differently.    They value different qualities differently.      And the further you get away from the top,  the more disagreements there are going to be.  

NFL draft guys who I trust have little faith in Stingley. IN 2019, as a freshman, he was the best corner in football. He has had injuries the last 2 years and some analysts feel that he has lost desire to play as it appears to show in his tape. If he would have continued his play from 2019, he could have been a top 3 pick, but now some have him out the 1st round  but some team will take a chance on him.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

NFL draft guys who I trust have little faith in Stingley. IN 2019, as a freshman, he was the best corner in football. He has had injuries the last 2 years and some analysts feel that he has lost desire to play as it appears to show in his tape. If he would have continued his play from 2019, he could have been a top 3 pick, but now some have him out the 1st round  but some team will take a chance on him.

Out of the first round?     I have not seen that anywhere.    Not on the big 3 for me….   ESPN,  NFL.com and PFF.      All have him as roughly a top 10-15 player. 

Archived