Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Jags at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

It's smelling a bit like the early 2000s for sure. Offense does the job and doesnt make many mistakes. Run game solid. O-line solid, all that coupled to a stifling defense that makes QBs go thru a PhD of a game....yeah, it's not a given that Buffalo win that division. The Colts absolutely have to win against both those teams.

Buffalo is beatable. I think you guys can do it.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We did quite a good job pressuring Lawerence with our front but mixed in quite a few blitzes at the same time. I am surprised it worked on Allen. He must not of just took what was there and tried to go deep too much. Might be worth it to try it against him.

Agree.  He was really upset with the Jags loss.  Without Marcus Maye the Jets were in a bad place.  Maybe we should go nickel as our base.  Play man early and blitz often.  See if they can run on us.

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Agree.  He was really upset with the Jags loss.  Without Marcus Maye the Jets were in a bad place.  Maybe we should go nickel as our base.  Play man early and blitz often.  See if they can run on us.

I thought defensively we played really well against them in the playoffs. I think that means the defensive coaching staff have a solid idea of how to handle that team....the question is whether our backend can be healthy enough because i think the pass rush will be ready.

28 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I thought defensively we played really well against them in the playoffs. I think that means the defensive coaching staff have a solid idea of how to handle that team....the question is whether our backend can be healthy enough because i think the pass rush will be ready.

Very true.  We did play well defensively against them.  But our backend could be in trouble if Diggs gets deep.  All SS playing back there.  Worrisome for me.  I think we might be better off harassing their receivers early to try and slow them down and throw off their timing.  Hopefully the pass rush with some blitzing gets home.  

Archived