Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Day of Training Camp 8-25

Restinpeacesweetchloe

14 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Warring was an interesting guy in the draft a few years back. Was kinda new to FB, and then bad injury luck. I could see him being a really late bloomer.

11 hours ago, stitches said:

It's probably too early to make this determination, but if Davenport keeps his form from last game for the duration of however many games we need him to play... it might turn out that after the whole hullabaloo and screeching from fans and media about the LT position, Ballard's strategy would work out precisely as intended - get multiple young players who have underperformed  in the past in and let them compete for the starting spot, hope one or more emerges as a quality player.

This is one of the secrets in today's NFL. Tons of OLinemen need a while before they start playing at a good level(Glowinski being one such player) so it's usually their second team(or second contract with original team) that gets to benefit from their talent. If Davenport looks like a solid option for however many games we need him, I would count this as a major success. 

I'll just love it if he does well for a couple games at LT, and then becomes a great depth guy for both T spots. 

More and more, I think the Colts cut Tevi and save a few million.

10 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Nelson has to be one of the worst people to interview. Lol. He is so shy with the media.

He's pretty lively after a few cocktails though. I'd clam up to the media though too.

9 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Will Caroll mentioned on Kevin Bowen yesterday how football cleats are very uncomfortable. They may have to find the right padding ect for Wentz and Nelson to make it so the incision spot isn’t as uncomfortable.

I am thinking Wentz might be ready for 11 on 11 drills before Nelson with the way nelson talked on his presser. 

We will know about Wentz if he comes out in full pads and it is a padded practice that he is going to be taking 11 on 11. That we will know because the media will report that.

Just needs the right numbing spray and some cushion... 

Pain management will be huge for both.

55 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Honestly your obsession with the local media is much more tired than them talking about the QB position.  If you don’t like what they are saying stop paying attention to it it is really that easy.  That’s the beauty of the media you choose what you consume and what you don’t.  

It's a board. If it weren't for opinions and complaining, there'd be no traffic.... 

But I'll also add

#LocalMediaStinks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived