Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings Free Agent Eric Wilson

Minnesota is in the hole this off-season for available cap space.  As such on name stood out that might interest the Colts and that is Eric Wilson (SAM Linebacker).  Eric has been playing well after Anthony Barr went down.  Finding quality LBs have been difficult for Clubs throughout the years.  Barr is locked in until 2024 and Wilson is a FA this year.  OTC saying Wilson could command 10.6m.  Due to Covid, have a strong feeling a lot players won't get that big payday like in years past.  

In my other thread have mentioned LDE Josh Sweat who I think could replace Houston and save the Colts 10m in cap space freeing up some money to go after someone like Wilson since Okereke took a step back this year and uncertainty about Walker.  

Thoughts?

11 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Minnesota is in the hole this off-season for available cap space.  As such on name stood out that might interest the Colts and that is Eric Wilson (SAM Linebacker).  Eric has been playing well after Anthony Barr went down.  Finding quality LBs have been difficult for Clubs throughout the years.  Barr is locked in until 2024 and Wilson is a FA this year.  OTC saying Wilson could command 10.6m.  Due to Covid, have a strong feeling a lot players won't get that big payday like in years past.  

In my other thread have mentioned LDE Josh Sweat who I think could replace Houston and save the Colts 10m in cap space freeing up some money to go after someone like Wilson since Okereke took a step back this year and uncertainty about Walker.  

Thoughts?

I think they like Okereke a lot and I think he remains the starter.  But I think the Sweat idea has merit and is worth investigating.  

Archived