Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Colts midseason report card

CR91

Colts record 5-3

The colts defense continues to be the strength of this team as the colts come to the middle of their schedule, however the offense is still our achilles heel as the struggles and issues still lingers.

The colts offense has shown improvement especially in the red zone as we are seeing a more creative approach which is leading to TDs instead of FGs. However, the run game continues to struggle as Taylor and the offensive line still have not meshed as Taylor continues to have issues finding the right hole and creating his own hole. The loss of Mack has obviously been a detriment to Taylor's growth. River has had his moments especially vs the Bengals and Lions, but the losses to the Browns and Ravens shows his limitations and ineffectiveness, albeit with all the injuries to WR corp.

The colts defense imo is the best it's ever been and it's no surprise the defense struggled without Leonard. He is our Ray Lewis and his energy and playmaking ability is eerily similar. Buckner continues to be better then advertised with the surprising emergence of Blackmon. They showed how good they are against Lamar Jackson if it wasn't for two turnovers from the offense.

This team will only go far if the offense can protect the ball and be efficient to allow our defense to perform at their level, otherwise we'll continue to suffer losses similar to today.

Overall Grade - B

We are close:

Coaching

I give Reich a C+. We are 5-3. He has been average at worse, not great but not bad.

Offensive play

I have overall Offense at a C+. Our running game has been bad for the most part but Rivers is a definite upgrade over JB and he has looked good at times. We still have put points on the board in many games. There is promise here.

Defensive play

I have overall Defense at an B+. It speaks for itself. Not quite an A because of the Jags, Browns, and today's game in the 2nd half. Still top 5 though.

SP Teams

Kicking/Punting/Kick returns/Punt returns = B. Pretty solid but not great.

Overall team grade

I will say B-. At the midway point being 5-3 is above average to borderline good. Most teams would love to be 5-3 at the midway point and have a grade of B-, nothing special but still you are in decent shape.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Why not challenge the play calling?

I give it a pass. Just too many injuries which I get is not an excuse, but unfortunately there are only so many plays you can call in that situation especially with no help from the run game which our entire offense is basically predicated on.

Archived