Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota (+5) at New England (8-3)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST   Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and "Done Dancing with the Stars" Erin Andrews on FOX

Low 40 and a chance of rain in Foxborough Mass,  over-under at 49.5

Pivotal game in both the NFC and AFC

...a 4th NE loss almost assures KC (9-2) he top seed in the conference

a 7th Viking win makes it almost impossible for Green Bay (4-6-1) to make the post-season

"Captain Kirk" Cousins (318 of 447, 3,289 yards, 22 TDs, 7 INTs) has No.1 receiver Adam Thielen (93 catches, 1.138 yards) but big threat Stefon Diggs (79 catches, 790 yards) is hurt and may not play. 

The Vikings have 36 QB sacks led by DE Danielle Hunter (11  1/2) and they have allowed just 36 rushing first downs all season.

But Minnesota is an odd production team on offense.  In 11 games they have score 20 or more 10 times. But the Vikings have not scored more than 31 points in any game. And Minnesota lost to Buffalo (4-7).  I dont know how they pulled themsevles together after that one/

NE old timer 'Shady' Tom Brady is 262 of 402 for 3,301 yards, 19 TDs and seven interceptions and he does have big Josh Gordon (31 catches, 547 yards) to go deep and Rob Gronkowski (32 catches, 504 yards) to run people over,.  RB James White has caught 67 passes out of the backfield.

The Pats defense has only 16 sacks and they also have hard-to-explain losses to Tennessee (5-6) and Detroit (4-7).

But New England (8-3) is 5-0 at home.

I think the 'number' here is way too high...especially if it rains

If Minnesota doesnt have Diggs…...this gets down to a 23-20 type of game

Odd things happen late in games at New England so kits hard to pick the Vikings to win.

But I'd take Minnesota with 5 points.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Uncle Mark. Thankfully, Diggs will play. We need the Vikings OL to help in the running game and make holes for Cook and Murray. That will open up the passing game. I hope Cousins targets Cook as well as Diggs and Thielen. 

Our defense seems to start slow every game and get stronger as the game goes on. Someone wrote on the Daily Norseman that Vikings defense is #1 in DVOA since Week 6. We will need the defense to step up. 

Anyway, Go Vikes. Skol! :td:

• Like 1