Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do we have on the spacecraft that's good?

John Hammonds

It's easy to rehash all of the problems that are on this team, especially after a terrible performance like we had vs the Jets.

We have waaaay too many injuries

We can't seem to stop dropping passes that land directly in our hands

We can't force the opponent to punt

Did I mention the injuries?

So, I'd like to turn from our issues and quote Ed Harris from Apollo 13:

"What do we have on the spacecraft that's good?"

Remember back in May how we were all concerned whether or not Andrew Luck would be able to play again at all?  Luck is back.  All the way back.  Yes, he's made some bad interceptions.  But let's see how you do when all of your star playmakers are gone, and you have to make do with a bunch of characters that cannot get open on their own, and have considerable problems dropping perfect passes.

Eric Ebron has more touchdown catches (6) than he has had in ANY of his individual seasons with Detroit.  He's on schedule to make 900+ yards (if he doesn't get injured).  Good free agent pickup, and a definite shining star on this team that lacks so many of them.

Darius Leonard is the Real Deal.  I remember questioning drafting him in the 2nd round this year.  But what did I know?  He made Defensive Rookie of the Month for September, and he could well be Rookie of the Year when it's all said and done.

In the midst of all this injurious misery, I'll celebrate what we can celebrate.

• Like 2

We have a Quarterback Luck and good backup Brisett, 3 firsts and a second round pick on the Oline, AC, Nelson, Kelly, Smith. We have 1 WR and TE , TY, Doyle, Ebron. 

Needs on Offense by priority: WR, RB, RT

1 Safety Hooker, 2 Linbackers Leonard and Walker, we have a pretty good DL by committee but desperately need some pash rush.

Needs on Defense by priority: CB, S, LB, Dline(pash rusher)

• Like 1