Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Even if Doyle holds on and Luck throws a game winning TD, there are still problems

IcyRhythms

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Frank Reich talks about an obsession to finish. This is a literal example of when that obsession needs to be displayed. It's disappointing to start this season with the same problem that plagued the team last year -- a bad fourth quarter performance that let's a winnable game slip away. 

Still a lot of good things, but until the team learns how to finish in the 4th quarter, those good things won't add up to wins. 

The result was the same as in tons of games last year, but the process was different. I don't think I can fault Reich for the playcalling the same way I did with Pagano, simply because Reich didn't suddenly become extremely conservative with the lead(calling tons of runs on first and second down). He kept the game plan going, it just happened that we couldn't finish. You know I am a process over results guy and I can respect that and I think if your process is good, the results ultimately will bear the wanted success.

Now we need to keep working on execution and limiting turnovers but overall I was OK with the way Reich called the game. We are working with a severe talent/experience deficit at most positions and it showed... Those will continue to improve with the better coaching and following drafts and FA acquisitions. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I am fairly certain the Browns tying with the Steelers left their fans feeling hopeful and excited about their future season.....

If you watched that overtime you would be more frustrated then we were the other day. It was a horrible tie. They had opportunities several times to win that game and still couldn't get it done. Hopeful that they can compete...sure...upset that they still couldn't beat the Steelers when everything fell their way....that would suck to me. But I see your side of it.