Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Live

TKnight24

3 hours ago, Xander said:

Just blows my mind that we are going to move forward with Scott Tolzien. He is garbage. This will be the first thing I question of Ballard. Tolzien isn't the most talented QB, he's never even won an NFL game. Morris or even * Kap would be better. 

It's like we're not even trying to improve our chances of winning without Luck. It's mind numbing. 

3 hours ago, HOF19 said:

I totally agree...But something inside me  just knows they are gonna chose Tolzien.

3 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this is mostly Chuck's call. Even if Ballard wants Morris I kinda doubt he'd try to nudge Chuck already, but who knows.

I'm just here wondering what game you guys watched... 

Also, they didn't commit to Tolzien yet. 

3 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this is mostly Chuck's call. Even if Ballard wants Morris I kinda doubt he'd try to nudge Chuck already, but who knows.

Pretty sure I remembered everyone saying with Grigson gone Chuck will have complete control of the depth chart. So if he picks Tolzien, don't blame Ballard.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I'm just here wondering what game you guys watched... 

Also, they didn't commit to Tolzien yet. 

I didn't say anything bad about the guy, I just meant I think Chuck has  control over who starts.

Scott played well against the Steelers and, even though I personally like Morris more, I'm fine with Tolzien starting.

As for them not committing, I think it's pretty likely that they're going to roll with Tolzien. Chuck may not have outright said it but I think Tolzien is their guy unless Morris just completely lights it up in the 4th game.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have been on record saying Scott sucks but I thought he played well against Pitt. I would still prefer Morris though.

Yeah that's fine. He's not a world beater, but at least give him credit when due. He showed the ability to move the ball, attack downfield, escape pressure and still hit receivers, etc. I thought he was good Saturday, with the exception of the pick, which was just a great play by Shazier on which Tolzien kind of went to sleep on the underneath coverage. 

And it's okay to prefer Morris. He's still inconsistent with his delivery, but he's a baller. I don't think there's any major separation between the two -- IMO, neither has outplayed the other, as I don't want to get carried away with Morris' performance late in the 4th quarter against PS level players. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Yeah that's fine. He's not a world beater, but at least give him credit when due. He showed the ability to move the ball, attack downfield, escape pressure and still hit receivers, etc. I thought he was good Saturday, with the exception of the pick, which was just a great play by Shazier on which Tolzien kind of went to sleep on the underneath coverage. 

And it's okay to prefer Morris. He's still inconsistent with his delivery, but he's a baller. I don't think there's any major separation between the two -- IMO, neither has outplayed the other, as I don't want to get carried away with Morris' performance late in the 4th quarter against PS level players. 

Yeah it's pretty even between the 2, I like Morris's mobility a tad better maybe that is what I am seeing. Scott played Good Saturday.

5 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

There's no evidence pointing to him playing for awhile.  

The coach won't even talk about it.  

I don't see how that's laughable. 

It's laughable because you don't even allow for the possibly of him playing 14 games or 12 or 10.....

You jumped from not playing in all 16 all the way to 8 games.

We're not there yet.      There's no reason to jump to this assumption because there's nothing that points to that yet.       We might be there.....   someday,   but not today....

7 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

There's no evidence pointing to him playing for awhile.  

The coach won't even talk about it.  

I don't see how that's laughable. 

Everyone has said that his recovery is going fine. He's throwing the ball. They've said there are no setbacks, and they expect him to be ready to play soon. 

Your translation of all that is that there's "obviously something seriously wrong with his shoulder and the recovery is not going well." 

That's a leap, if nothing else. 

4 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Ballard spoke about the QB's at the half-time of the Detroit pre-season game.

Spoke about Luck.

Spoke about Tolzein.

Spoke about Walker.

And did NOT say a single word about Morris.      In fact,  he didn't even mention Morris's name.     Now,  clearly things have changed because Morris has now played well in 3 straight pre-season games.      But he's also done that against 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players.     And very little first string.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard spoke about the QB's at the half-time of the Detroit pre-season game.

Spoke about Luck.

Spoke about Tolzein.

Spoke about Walker.

And did say a single word about Morris.      In fact,  he didn't even mention Morris's name.     Now,  clearly things have changed because Morris has now played well in 3 straight pre-season games.      But he's also done that against 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players.     And very little first string.

I actually thought about that after I made that post. He talked about Tolzien and especially Walker, seemed like he really wanted him to succeed.

So yeah, I don't assume to know what Ballard wants. He and Pagano probably talk about these things every day and are keyed in with each other.

8 hours ago, ricker182 said:

At this point I'll actually be surprised if Luck plays 8 games.  

There's obviously something seriously wrong with his shoulder and the recovery is not going well. 

With all due respect good sir, unless you're an orthopedic surgeon, and unless you personally know Luck or any of the Colts brass, I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's obviously nothing factual about the statement you just made.