Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Update

TKnight24

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

100% agree. Luck won't be on the same page as the receivers so he will be holding onto the ball longer and will get sacked multiple times by their front seven. 

If he is is medically cleared, he should be out there. I don't get it. 

They may not clear him and take him off the PUP until after pre-season wraps up, or other scenarios where he is back on the 53, but not taking full reps etc...

They are concerned to prolong his career, not rush him onto the field

5 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't think people realize how important reps are to a QB during the offseason. Training camp is a vital piece of preparation. Luck is one of the best QB's in the league. I honestly believed he would be MVP back in May. But with the low amount of reps he will get, and possibly missed games, it's hard to make that statement sound legitimate. 

I don't think people realize how important it is for Luck not to be placed in harms way before a full recovery from his surgery has taken place. Full. Not 80%, not 95%..  but the full deal *meaning he can't re-tear it just by throwing a lot of passes or taking some typical QB hits.

4 hours ago, Dudley Smith said:

I'm not saying he shouldn't get reps in practice -- and I of course agree that they are very important regardless of how good the player is. But I wouldn't play him in a preseason game and open him up to someone from another team taking a shot at him when he is vulnerable and still recovering.

The medical team won't clear him for practice in that condition. Not an issue.

Be patient folks.  The end of August will tell us a lot.