Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very Interesting Listening To Bill Polian On Sirius Xm.

BlueShoe

Bill Polian is co-host of The Opening Drive on Sirius XM. He has had very kind words for Jim Irsay and the Colts. He is very thankful for his time with the Colts.

He is adding some very good insight that we all wanted to hear while he was here. He is breaking down the game plan of the Colts and the Pats. He said the Colts just did minor tweaks to the Tampa2 from week to week for the opponent, but the Patriots change their entire game plan from week to week so you never know what they are going to do. He said they are probably the best in NFL history at game planning from week to week.

He was asked by a caller if he thought Jim Irsay was planning to move on from Peyton and he answered that he might be, but it wasn’t something he and Jim talked about. With the wording that Jim Irsay has used about rebuilding it leaves things up in the air about Peyton’s future in Indy.

If anyone has XM I highly recommend turning to channel 88 right now.

he says that time after time, but i dont buy it. I believe peyton manning will walk and he will end up leaving and taking someone with him. prob someone like Wayne or Saturday. im preparing myself for a rebuilding session and will prob be a year or two before we see them in the playoffs again

he says that time after time, but i dont buy it. I believe peyton manning will walk and he will end up leaving and taking someone with him. prob someone like Wayne or Saturday. im preparing myself for a rebuilding session and will prob be a year or two before we see them in the playoffs again

But Manning has made it known himself that he plans to finish his career in Indianapolis. That's 2-0, because anyone stating otherwise has no affect on the outcome.

But Manning has made it known himself that he plans to finish his career in Indianapolis. That's 2-0, because anyone stating otherwise has no affect on the outcome.

Imagine you're a publicist for Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning and you've got a vested interest in being perceived as the 'good guy' if Manning gets cut. Re-read those quotes from that perspective.

Irsay says it depends on health, but unless Manning is 100% full strength, he's got an out. Manning's in even better shape because he's not the one doing the cutting; either he's here (in which case he gets to finish here, which is what he's saying he wants) or he's not (but it's by someone else's choice, not his, so he's again clean).

I don't know what going to happen, but I don't know if you can take those words at face value (I also don't know if you can't).

Imagine you're a publicist for Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning and you've got a vested interest in being perceived as the 'good guy' if Manning gets cut. Re-read those quotes from that perspective.

Irsay says it depends on health, but unless Manning is 100% full strength, he's got an out. Manning's in even better shape because he's not the one doing the cutting; either he's here (in which case he gets to finish here, which is what he's saying he wants) or he's not (but it's by someone else's choice, not his, so he's again clean).

I don't know what going to happen, but I don't know if you can take those words at face value (I also don't know if you can't).

I can’t remember a time when Irsay has gone back on what he has said. There may be, I just don’t remember any. I have to believe that he is true to his word.

With that said however like you said it’s the health issue and that is a very individually relative assessment. Peyton’s idea of 100 % and Irsay’s idea of 100% may be vastly different.

I have been a Colts fan for more than 50 years and the last decade has been the best period during that entire time. Manning and Irsay have made that possible and I respect them for it. I have watched Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana and others switch teams late in their careers and it just never seemed right. I don't want to see Manning leave, but I also don't want a decade like we had after the Colts moved to Indy.

The real issue is, I have no control over that. What good does it do to worry about something over which I have no control? The longer we live, the more we find out that getting stressed out over stuff we have no control over accomplishes nothing except damage to our health. This is particularly true when what we are talking about is nothing more than a form of entertainment.

Manning and Irsay will reach an agreement. We have nothing to do about that so we might as well sit back and enjoy the ride.

How many times has Irsay said,if PM is healthy and he wants to be ................he will be our quarteback?

None lately, at least not since winning the Luck lotto. Things can change. I just hope we all remember to stay true to the shoe, no matter what they choose to do.

I have been a Colts fan for more than 50 years and the last decade has been the best period during that entire time. Manning and Irsay have made that possible and I respect them for it. I have watched Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana and others switch teams late in their careers and it just never seemed right. I don't want to see Manning leave, but I also don't want a decade like we had after the Colts moved to Indy.

The real issue is, I have no control over that. What good does it do to worry about something over which I have no control? The longer we live, the more we find out that getting stressed out over stuff we have no control over accomplishes nothing except damage to our health. This is particularly true when what we are talking about is nothing more than a form of entertainment.

Manning and Irsay will reach an agreement. We have nothing to do about that so we might as well sit back and enjoy the ride.

this is a post that i could have made except that i have only been a fan for 40 years.