Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First time doing a mock so here is what I got.

1st trade with Minnesota for their 1st and 3rd

1st round 23 pick Andrew Billings DT

2nd round 48 pick Darian Thompson S

3rd round 82 pick Kyler Fackerell OLB

3rd round 86 pick Christian Westerman G

4th round 116 pick Evan Boehm C

5th round 155 pick DJ Wright CB

7th round 241 pick Jativis Brown ILB

I feel like we get 3-5 starters/impact players out of this draft depending on how training camp falls out. We get competition at O-line, a future starting coverage safety, a starting DT.

I got my information from http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2016/

Sean Davis from what I read and the video seems more like a hard hitting safety Which we have in Geathers. I think we need a guy who can cover and stop TE's. The reason that I drafted Thompson was because Pagano put him through DB drills at his pro day and I think we really like him.

18 minutes ago, Footballlax31 said:

Sean Davis from what I read and the video seems more like a hard hitting safety Which we have in Geathers. I think we need a guy who can cover and stop TE's. The reason that I drafted Thompson was because Pagano put him through DB drills at his pro day and I think we really like him.

watch more video on him you can see that this man can cover very well....

5 hours ago, Footballlax31 said:

True about the center. I think we can get Martin or possibly even Kelly in the second round. 

Oline looks like this than

AC Mewhort Martin Westerman Reitz/Good

We could go center in the second and safety in the 4th. Houston-Carson, T.J. Green, Sean Davis, Javon Kearse, all guys who could be available and good players in the 4th. 

57 minutes ago, Wesk7 said:

We could go center in the second and safety in the 4th. Houston-Carson, T.J. Green, Sean Davis, Javon Kearse, all guys who could be available and good players in the 4th. 

Neither green or kearse are good football players. Both great athletes but average at best players.  Would be in favor of davis or Carson in 4th though. 

2 hours ago, AndyColt said:

watch more video on him you can see that this man can cover very well....

At times, was disastrous in man coverage. Dinged for 614 yards receiving against him. Slow, upright backpedal and clunky when turning to run. Seemed to be too big and lacking in foot quickness needed to play cornerback. Flagged for four pass interferences, a late hit and a personal foul this year. Charged with ten touchdowns allowed over last two seasons. Missed tackle numbers are troubling with 40 over last three years. Allows too much separation and cant click and close on throws.

He seems like he gives up too many big plays but he might be better when he is a safety. 

28 minutes ago, Krauses said:

Neither green or kearse are good football players. Both great athletes but average at best players.  Would be in favor of davis or Carson in 4th though. 

I like Carson. 4th might be a little high but I would be happy. He is a special teams ace and can learn behind adams for a year

Don't want to open another thread, but wanted to share my latest mock, done on Fanspeak with Drafttek-Bigboard. Have done a dozen or so mocks so far, but I haven't liked any other quite as much... Add several UFA's at WR, TE, CB and this class would be amazing IMO. I do realize that Kelly, Correa, Neal and Fackrell might not all fall to where I picked them up, but I really like the idea of trading down to get 2 more picks to fill more holes in our roster. 

TRADES
TRADE PARTNER:
DENVER BRONCOS
SENT:
  • ROUND: 1 PICK: 18
RECEIVED:
  • ROUND: 1 PICK: 31
  • ROUND: 2 PICK: 32
  • ROUND: 3 PICK: 31

TRADE PARTNER:
CHICAGO BEARS
SENT: