Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt Film Breakdown

JMichael557

Has anyone looked at the Colt film breakdown that is a recent topic. It is of the TD pass to Fleener. This shows the problem with our offense.  You have 4 receivers in the route. All of the routes are very simple for such a tight space. Every receiver is completely covered by the time Luck takes his drop.  So who does Luck throw to? it basically takes a perfect throw to Fleener (which he did) or risk an interception. There is not check down option. 

That was just another problem with Pep routes.......WR were too bunched together and didn't spread the offense out enough.

this in the panthers game when luck through his first pic Hilton Allen are in same area.. Everyone runs routes right next to each other no deception

this in the panthers game when luck through his first pic Hilton Allen are in same area.. Everyone runs routes right next to each other no deception

Bingo 

And all the haters would blame Luck for not reading zone defenses. 

I'm not saying Luck has played badly (he has) but it'd be nice if the OC would actually help him out a little bit. 

Bingo

And all the haters would blame Luck for not reading zone defenses.

I'm not saying Luck has played badly (he has) but it'd be nice if the OC would actually help him out a little bit.

yeah he can throw it out but he chooses not to yet the routes are stupid and cause confusion

I've looked and have no problem with the TD pass to Fleener.

He was covered by one defender and a safety came over late.     The window was not that small.

What I had a HUGE objection to was the pass attempt to Fleener on 3rd down at the end of regulation just before Vinatieri's game tying field goal.

Fleener was surrounded by 2 or 3 players and the pass had to thread the needle,  which it didn't.

Keuchly came close to picking it off.

Luck should get yelled at in private meetings.    That throw is completely unacceptable.    A rookie throw.   A huge brain cramp.    Had it been picked off it would've been one of the worst of his NFL career.     He's got to be smarter than that.