Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys acquire Matt Cassel from Bills for backup QB role

amfootball

Interesting indeed, this very morning I was listening to speculation that Jones would pull a move like this despite praising Weedon to the point of calling his arm "a thing of beauty". 

I think Cassel will do a decent enough job behind that line though.

Yeah, I would start Cassell over Weedon. Can't do it this week as Cassell needs time to learn the offense. Dallas is in real trouble but they are playing in the worst division in football so if they can go 4-4 without Romo they should be fine.

Yeah, I would start Cassell over Weedon. Can't do it this week as Cassell needs time to learn the offense. Dallas is in real trouble but they are playing in the worst division in football so if they can go 4-4 without Romo they should be fine.

The only issue I foresee is of Weeden starts and is ok without being spectacular, enough say to make it not a clear cut thing that he needs to be benched.

If Rex realizes that Cassel is done, then maybe it makes sense.

Also, isn't having a running threat from the QB position part of the Bills O? I hate to say it, but Tebow makes more sense for the Bills than does Cassel.

I am not sure why Buffalo would trade away Cassell after how limited Taylor looked against the Pats defense. Every team going forward will employ the same strategy of keeping him in the pocket and forcing to have to make reads/throws. Seems like a high risk IMO this early in the season.

I am not sure why Buffalo would trade away Cassell after how limited Taylor looked against the Pats defense. Every team going forward will employ the same strategy of keeping him in the pocket and forcing to have to make reads/throws. Seems like a high risk IMO this early in the season.

Rex falls in Love with his QB's. Shocked he didnt try bring in butt fumble Sanchez.