Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Martin

I'd take a shot on him. If he is good then great. Otherwise he's cut like anyone else. The bullying thing cannot define him because he is human and has emotions. Every single player in the NFL can be mentally torn down if it goes on long enough. This isn't about that nonsense. This is about his football talent, the bullying thing means nothing. To me, he's just any other mediocre lineman with a little bit of upside and nothing more, nothing less.

YES...  this...    I keep hearing, "he didn't stand up for himself"   ...     I wonder why?  the entire Miami locker room was a bunch of alpha male *s.      Totally out of control.     Indy's locker room,  IMO could bring out the best in a guy that just needs some positive support.      not constant belittling. 

First round ability...    for nearly pennies...  Bring him in.        No Richie's on this roster.     Martin would get positive reinforcement instead of a lot of bullying.      JMO

Why not can't hurt.       

It would cost the team next to nothing to bring him and give him a look.

If he pans out -- great -- an unexpected find.

He he doesn't work out -- no problem -- he gets cut.

JM will not be a problem for the locker-room.    He wasn't at Stanford, and he wasn't with the 49ers.

It was only a problem with Miami, and that was a locker-room that was found to be out of control.

The Colts don't have that problem,  we have one of the best locker-rooms in the NFL.

All we have to focus on is......   can he play?     If he can, great, and if he can't,  he gets cut.

I don't see a problem.

Icognito is a complete jerk but even so Martin should not have been bullied if he just stood up for himself

We need players that can stand up for themselves not ones that can intimidated 

Claimed by Panthers...

Glad we didn't get him, he's not a tough guy.

I don't know why people think that?     Because he wouldn't fight a teammate?

Stanford is one of the toughest football programs in America.    We routinely beat the heck out of other teams.   Martin was plenty tough enough there.

And his college coach,  Jim Harbaugh,  thought he was tough enough to bring in to San Francisco.

Martin's problems were in Miami.    I wouldn't judge anyone by what goes on in Miami.

I don't know why people think that?     Because he wouldn't fight a teammate?

Stanford is one of the toughest football programs in America.    We routinely beat the heck out of other teams.   Martin was plenty tough enough there.

And his college coach,  Jim Harbaugh,  thought he was tough enough to bring in to San Francisco.

Martin's problems were in Miami.    I wouldn't judge anyone by what goes on in Miami.

His bench press of 20 reps at the combine raised eyebrows. Usually OL is a position where you get 30-40 reps.

His bench press of 20 reps at the combine raised eyebrows. Usually OL is a position where you get 30-40 reps.

No,  you don't get 30-40 reps.    That's for the top-10 at the position.

Most lineman are in the 20's.    Martin's number was at the low end of the range.   Believe it or not, there are lineman who lift less than 20.

But Stanford doesn't train players on the 225 bench press,  they're interested in functional football strength.   And they excel in that way.