Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell Wilson Gets A Little Help

dw49

But how many turnovers did they get? How many 3 and outs did they get to give Wilson another shot. That's how they get more points. Plus the past 3 years they have been league best at 4.4 points a game.

For the bolded, that's on the offense to produce then, which is not what you were referring to in your other post. You were claiming "That defense has been huge for them on scoring points because Wilson and the offense can't." which is incorrect. Also, it's impossible for the Seahawks to be what you claim, when defensively since 2012, they have only had a total of 10 defensive TD's. That's only an average 1.45ppg over the past 3 years. I have no idea how you came about 4.4, because that's not even close.

Off topic but anyway regarding our previous conversation on how I said the Pats would be favored and you said would be a underdog... here ya go.....As I said before , I did that stuff for real money a few years ago...

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12232230/new-england-patriots-getting-bet-more-seattle-seahawks-las-vegas-sports-books

I love it, just like last year my money will be on the Seahawks. Since the Brady era, New England has yet to win as a favorite, and Vegas has cashed in everytime. As I stated in previous post, if New England wins this game outright I will be shocked. Betting percentages at most books are 60% and up for New England. I think it's odd that the line hasn't moved more to Seattle's side. Vegas knows what they are doing.

hahaSW you are one of the best posters on here. I love your comments man. The Dept. of Health is going to have to show up after I watch this upcomming SB, then the Dept. of Sanitation will have to come out and make sure I still have a suitable living environment!!!! haha

I'm such a big fan of the game all I want to see is a good game without any concern on who wins. It's the New England De-flatriots vs the Seattle Skankhawks, I could really care who wins.

Hope you had a good weekend my friend.

Thanks M-432. I appreciate that & I loved your twisted sense of humor too. Your sick not in the demented way, but as in sick as in cool way like dude did you see that move? That was sick man. I'm with ya man. I just want an entertaining game in the end as well. 

So the article is saying that Wilson "gets by with a little help from his friends"? Of course, it seems that he does more than that.

Nice Joe Cocker singer reference there TS. Or did you mean the Beatles?

For the bolded, that's on the offense to produce then, which is not what you were referring to in your other post. You were claiming "That defense has been huge for them on scoring points because Wilson and the offense can't." which is incorrect. Also, it's impossible for the Seahawks to be what you claim, when defensively since 2012, they have only had a total of 10 defensive TD's. That's only an average 1.45ppg over the past 3 years. I have no idea how you came about 4.4, because that's not even close.

Read the OP's article.  Maybe i am misreading what they're saying.  But this got me thinking about other things.

The Seahawks were 9th in the league for average points per game with 25.2.  But they had a 12-4 record.  Meanwhile  only 4 other teams had the same record as them.  The following teams had better points per game but worse record: Philly, Indy, PIttsburg, and Baltimore.  While New Orleans was right behind them with 25.1,  and then Miami at 24.2 

They are also right in the middle of the pack at 63.5 plays per game (16th).  They are also 10th in TD per game (2.8).

The seahawks were also 7th in time of possession, making me think they were either able to hold the ball for a long time like indy, or just got the ball alot.  They are also 8th for Punts per score (.9), (8th lowest, but technically tied for 4th)  Which says they punt nearly as many times as they score.   So i look at field goals and they are 10th in the league with Field goal attempts and 13th with field goals made.  So they score more field goals than TD's but i think we could have guessed that.  They are however all the way down at 26th with punt attempts per game (3.9).

They are also 7th in fumbles lost per game (.4) and 4th in interceptions per game (.6) with a total giveaways per game of 1.1, ranking them 3rd in that category.  So they turn the ball over a lot and that is why they have fewer points but make their punt attempts per game look so good.   These stats show how bad their offense is. But they have a below league average of 10.9 drives per game ranking them 27th.

Seattles D is ranked 14th in interceptions per game (.9) which is better than the offenses Int/gm.  The D is also ranked 14th for opponents fumbles lost per game (.7), which again is a lot better than the Offenses fumbles lost per game.  This shows that the Defense bails out the offense for every single turnover they have, and then some.  Crazily enough they are ranked 14th...again.  for takeaways per game at 1.6. 

After all that.  Idk what to think now.  the stats seem contradictory almost.

Wilson is a good QB. The best? I don't think so but unfortunately Superbowl wins is how a lot of people judge the greatness of a QB. Complete teams win Superbowls. I hope the Colts are able to but one together soon. I am over the "our quarterback is better than yours" arguments. I wouldn't care if we had a Dilfer type with a great D as long as we got a SB win.