Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Analysis: Josh Chapman

TKnight24

Chapman is rarely going to come close to a pressure.    And you know it.

That's not his game.    I have no idea why you'd even bring it up.

He's a two-down run-stuffing,  o-lineman devouring Nose Tackle.

Pressuring the quarterback is rarely going to show up on his stat sheet.

If you noticed...I didn't bring it up...I was just letting Jason know what was the actual result of the play he described

If you noticed...I didn't bring it up...I was just letting Jason know what was the actual result of the play he described

I made note of that in an edit that must have happened while you were writing me this post.

Take another look at my original post.   I figure that out,  just a little too late.

Sorry for the trouble.

The first offensive play NE did was a 2 yard td by Blount, Bradys first pass came at 11:07 of the 1st Quarter out of the shotgun......Chapman didn't come close to a pressure

Ok I don't recall exactly which play it was and I don't have rewind to go back to check.  I do distinctly remember a play early on in the Pats game however where the Pats left Chapman one on one, Chapman drove his guy back and nailed Brady right after Brady got the ball out.  

Chapman is rarely going to come close to a pressure.    And you know it.

That's not his game.    I have no idea why you'd even bring it up.

He's a two-down run-stuffing,  o-lineman devouring Nose Tackle.

Pressuring the quarterback is rarely going to show up on his stat sheet.

That is simply not true.  Prior to the season that's what I would have assumed, but there were several instances last year where Chapman got pressure and was a half step from a sack.  Chapman doesn't have a lot of pass rush moves.  He's no Ngata or anything like that.  However when the other team leaves him one on one with a single OL blocker, Chapman has pushed that blocker right into the QB's face.  

It didn't happen often though due to the fact that he was splitting time with Franklin and they were both taken off the field on obvious passing downs.

this is a little nit-picky, but you didn't let me know the actual result of the play I described, you let me know that the play I described was not one of the first plays of the game as I had originally thought. ;)

this is a little nit-picky, but you didn't let me know the actual result of the play I described, you let me know that the play I described was not one of the first plays of the game as I had originally thought. ;)

14 yard completion if I remember right, Ill have to go back and watch, I agree Chapman provides a little pressure once in a while, Ideally though I hope we eventually find someone that can collapse the pocket a bit more....(Though Chapman was significantly more stout in holding up against the run then Franklin), shed his block when asked and make the tackle on a player coming up the middle