Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dream mock offseason

Not bad, but bethea only if its cheap,davis if its not an overpay cuz he is not elite,mack got tagged so that would be very costly,jennings would only go where he would start,shields is looking for huge money at his age,wouldn't overpay for a kicker....

Priority Resigning:

Vontae Davis, CB

Antoine Bethea, S

Pat McAfee, P

Donald Brown, RB

Free agent signings:

Alex Mack, C or Evan Dietrich-Smith, C

Roger Saffold, T/G (he was a tackle that transitioned to guard last year and played very well, very versatile) or Geoff Schwartz, or Jon Asamoah, G (one or both of these guys will leave KC, id prefer Schwartz, but Asamoah is young and should be cheap) in that order

Andre Roberts, WR (no harm in giving him a deal similar to DHB)

Rashad Jennings, RB (last resort if we do not keep Brown or Bradshaw and have no plans on drafting someone else)

Sam Shields, CB

Walter Thurmond, CB

Lamarr Houston, DE

Linval Joseph, DT

Draft:

RD 2- Allen Robinson, WR

RD 3- Shayne Skov, LB

RD 5- Kenneth Ladler, S

RD 6- Deandre Coleman, DT

RD 7- Zach Fulton, G

Let me know what you guys think

Here is my dream draft pending that we resign Vontae Davis...

Round 3 Pick 6 (JAX): Marcus Smith, DE, Louisville (A-)
Round 3 Pick 26: DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 30 (S.F.): Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (A-)
Round 4 Pick 7 (OAK): Dion Bailey, FS, Southern California (B+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 6 Pick 27: Deandre Coleman, DT, California (C+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (C+)

I would sign dquell jackson to start, draft that good punter,sign edlemann in case reggie has a set back or isnt the same(in that case need a guy u can count on to catch in the clutch at any wr position), spend the cash on byrd(ward is poor in coverage),get evan d-smith,pickup a guard,go after thurmond or browner at cb, draft cb,lb(borland)or dline,s or wr,oline....resign av if not big contract.trich get gone but that wont happen.

So that you're aware, when you make a positive assertion, the onus is on you to support that assertion. Asking me to "prove you wrong" is logically fallacious.

As for our claims, you were completely wrong, and I was partially wrong.

The Browns averaged a whopping 14 more yards in the 2nd half than they did in the 1st, hardly padding their yards in "garbage time." As for points, they scored 4 more offensive points in the 1st half than the 2nd.

I was correct in that they led at halftime in 8 of their games (MIA, @BAL, MIN, CIN, BUF, DET, BAL, NE) and were tied at halftime in 2 others (CHI, NYJ).

Claim that they "were the kings of garbage time yards" thoroughly debunked.

Linky

Garbage time is the 4'th quarter, and you had more yards in the 4'th quarter than any other. My proof is the link you provided. My claim is also verified by the passing attempts per quarter, much more in the 4'th than any other. 

So i was right. 

Not even remotely.

Garbage time is the 4'th quarter, and you had more yards in the 4'th quarter than any other. My proof is the link you provided. My claim is also verified by the passing attempts per quarter, much more in the 4'th than any other. 

Passing yards are not the only yards. 2nd and 4th quarters were very close in average total yards. While there was a slight increase in yardage for the 2nd half/4th quarter, it was negligible and certainly does not support the claim that the Browns were "kings of garbage time yards." In fact, their differnce in total yardage from the 1st half to the 2nd half is similar to that of the Colts.

Not even remotely.

Passing yards are not the only yards. 2nd and 4th quarters were very close in average total yards. While there was a slight increase in yardage for the 2nd half/4th quarter, it was negligible and certainly does not support the claim that the Browns were "kings of garbage time yards." In fact, their differnce in total yardage from the 1st half to the 2nd half is similar to that of the Colts.

What team runs it in garbage time?

We aren't now, and never have been comparing passing numbers. We have been comparing total yardage. I'm not sure why you are stuck on passing yards.

No, we were talking about garbage time yards, which is 95% passing yards.

No, we were talking about garbage time yards

Incorrect:

If you would like to talk about things not relevant to the conversation, the Browns 2013 Offense - led primarily by Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell - only averaged 2.9 yards less per game than the Colts.

Yeah you guys were the kings of garbage time yards alright.

The claim was made that the two teams were close in total yardage per game because of garbage time yardage. I have demonstrated that this is incorrect, as the total yardage for the 1st/2nd half and 2nd/4th quarter are very similar. So yes, we were talking about toal yardage, which includes passing AND rushing. The Browns clearly leaned more on passing late in the game, but this had little affect on their total yardage.

Incorrect:

The claim was made that the two teams were close in total yardage per game because of garbage time yardage. I have demonstrated that this is incorrect, as the total yardage for the 1st/2nd half and 2nd/4th quarter are very similar. So yes, we were talking about toal yardage, which includes passing AND rushing. The Browns clearly leaned more on passing late in the game, but this had little affect on their total yardage.

I guess that's why you guys can't win. You're still running the ball with 5 minutes left in the game down 17 points.

I guess that's why you guys can't win. You're still running the ball with 5 minutes left in the game down 17 points.

At no point did I say the Browns were running the ball in such situations. I stated that the passing numbers late in the game replaced the rushing numbers from earlier in the game. They did not inflate the total yardage.

At no point did I say the Browns were running the ball in such situations. I stated that the passing numbers late in the game replaced the rushing numbers from earlier in the game. They did not inflate the total yardage.

You were equating total yards with garbage time yards. Garbage time yards is 95% passing or more. The Browns passing yards is greater in the 4'th quarter than any other. It helps prove Bert's point. That 2.9 yards less per game than us means nothing.

BTW, thanks for Jackson!

You were equating total yards with garbage time yards. Garbage time yards is 95% passing or more. The Browns passing yards is greater in the 4'th quarter than any other. It helps prove Bert's point. That 2.9 yards less per game than us means nothing.

BTW, thanks for Jackson!

I did not bring up passing yardage. To imply that the Browns were the "kings of garbage time yards" implies that an excessive percentage of their total yardage was gained late in the game when the result of the game had already been determined. I have demonstrated that this was not the case, and the claim is debunked.

Furthermore, the Browns were within a touchdown of their opponent with 5 minutes to go in all but 4 of their games.

You're welcome for the now below average ILB that fits better in the 4-3 whom the Browns decided to cut despite having the 2nd most cap space in the NFL.

Thanks for the 1st round pick!

I did not bring up passing yardage. To imply that the Browns were the "kings of garbage time yards" implies that an excessive percentage of their total yardage was gained late in the game when the result of the game had already been determined. I have demonstrated that this was not the case, and the claim is debunked.

You're welcome for the now below average ILB that fits better in the 4-3 whom the Browns decided to cut despite having the 2nd most cap space in the NFL.

Thanks for the 1st round pick!

I don't think we'll ever agree on this. 

Nice one on the draft pick. Hopefully Trent proves worthy this coming year.

Lol people are so DUMB! Inherit what the F are you talking about!! Manning, sanders, freeny,Clark, addai, Tammy, and many more players that was released! We went 2-14 without manning yeah you're right! But you're telling me gutting the whole team and putting in mostly rookies was inheriting a good team? Pagano doesn't deserve all the credit but to say he inherit a good team is just plain dumb and stupid!