Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So what are you not getting done because it's PLAYOFF time?!

Girlzarefanstoo

I wish all I was missing was some reading, LOL!  As a professional artist, the "show" season begins this weekend at the Atlanta Gift Show and my agents and manufacturers are screaming for new art (fortunately one of them is a football fan, so he is somewhat understanding!)

I'm not thinking I could paint lightning bolts and get away with licensing it....

;-)

I wish all I was missing was some reading, LOL!  As a professional artist, the "show" season begins this weekend at the Atlanta Gift Show and my agents and manufacturers are screaming for new art (fortunately one of them is a football fan, so he is somewhat understanding!)

I'm not thinking I could paint lightning bolts and get away with licensing it....

;-)

I don't think my trips to the internet have really been over the top lately (sounds like almost going to the bathroom LOL) but I am googling more scenarios and random stuff on football then ever before. And stuff in the past too since I am a big fan of "patterns". Like time slots of games and all that hoopla even.......sheesh I need to stop.

Oh that sounds awesome, a professional artist. Love it! I love art but could never draw/paint/sculpt/design or even play music or what not but I did do ballet and figure skated competitively until I was 19 years old and always added a lot of "art" to my performances so to speak with style.

I am sure it will all work out. I mean if my team or your team loses this weekend we might hit a skid for a few days but who doesn't love playoff football in general? The intensity goes down when our team is out (and hopefully the Colts continue on and for your sake SD) but I still get fascinated in general with one game eliminations when it all is on the line.

I am not a big draft person at all so after the playoffs are done I kinda hit a lull unless I get into big name FAs.

I like watching other playoff games for the football intensity. I hate watching my own team because..well you know one game and all that. Or if you win another roller coaster ride. Never did like roller coasters :)

JULES, performance is art :-)  I couldn't do the pressure of performing live.  I just paint, design, create, rework, scan, put into Photoshop and work it until I like it (not much pressure in that!) If you're curious you can see a tiny bit at my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/audrey.jeannes.expressions

I am with you JJ on watching the other teams more easily than my own.  I was a WRECK on Sunday.  The worst is when your team is playing so much worse than you know they are capable and is normal.  The KC game was a total dud until the end.  Everything handed to us and then it was going to be whiffed away...

I watch the draft but don't pay a lot of attention prior to it because I know so few college players.  We're Fresno State Bulldog fans so we'll be watching a couple of our really good guys go out this year.  And Tom Telesco did such an amazing job with our draft this year I sure hope he can even come close once again.  The equivalant of 3 first round picks in 4 rounds (we traded a 4th to move up) and all three started and greatly contributed is not easy to duplicate.

Is it Sunday yet?

JULES, performance is art :-)  I couldn't do the pressure of performing live.  I just paint, design, create, rework, scan, put into Photoshop and work it until I like it (not much pressure in that!) If you're curious you can see a tiny bit at my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/audrey.jeannes.expressions

I am with you JJ on watching the other teams more easily than my own.  I was a WRECK on Sunday.  The worst is when your team is playing so much worse than you know they are capable and is normal.  The KC game was a total dud until the end.  Everything handed to us and then it was going to be whiffed away...

I watch the draft but don't pay a lot of attention prior to it because I know so few college players.  We're Fresno State Bulldog fans so we'll be watching a couple of our really good guys go out this year.  And Tom Telesco did such an amazing job with our draft this year I sure hope he can even come close once again.  The equivalant of 3 first round picks in 4 rounds (we traded a 4th to move up) and all three started and greatly contributed is not easy to duplicate.

Is it Sunday yet?

Yeah playing bad in a playoff game is the worst because no 2nd chance. Reg season you got the opportunity next week.

Now that I think about it, I like getting in the playoff, more so by winning the division, because it means the 16 games I spend time watching was entertaining and value for my time is much higher. So playoffs are anti-climatic for me :)