Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 12/02 "Titans Game"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   Are you at all concerned that K Adam Vinatieri is out-scoring the offense - at least in games vs the Titans ??  :blueshoe: 

PS.  So - the Colts coaching staff insists on leaving points on the field by not scoring FG's with AV - so I drop him from my fantasy team.  Then - AV "lights up" the Titans in Tennessee - and - I readd him to my fantasy team vs the Cardinals.  You KNOW what happened there.  So - I drop him again.  AV "lights up" the Titans @ LOS !!  Can any one say BAH HUMBUG !!!!!

I'm indeed concerned about that, but I'm even more concerned about our O-line, especially about the interior line, and WRs. Luck gets less protection than he did last season. With such poor scoring ability we will be 1&done again. We have serious Offensive issues to address in few weeks.

Well said HCF. And how in hades can DHB drop a pass that Luck dropped right in the bread basket? I fell to my knees & put my head into my cupped hands. I just couldn't believe it...Do not resign him Grigs...Leave INDY now...

Cris Carter, the HOF WR from the Minnesota Vikings, needs to work with this man to teach him how to grab a ball out of the air with his hands never let it come to your body take it out of the air with precision & force. Cris was a master at this & he taught that skill to Larry Fitzgerald in AZ.

:blueshoe:   Are you at all concerned that K Adam Vinatieri is out-scoring the offense - at least in games vs the Titans ??  :blueshoe: 

PS.  So - the Colts coaching staff insists on leaving points on the field by not scoring FG's with AV - so I drop him from my fantasy team.  Then - AV "lights up" the Titans in Tennessee - and - I readd him to my fantasy team vs the Cardinals.  You KNOW what happened there.  So - I drop him again.  AV "lights up" the Titans @ LOS !!  Can any one say BAH HUMBUG !!!!!

Yes, I am concerned. No, not in Adam V's ability, but more in our ability to score TDs in the Playoffs. FGs aren't good enough to win games in December. We are toast if Luck has no o-line protection & can't survey the field without being forced to scramble. Luck can't take multiple hits/sacks. If he does, we are done. 

But, if we can't protect Luck, we need to incorporate more screen plays & naked bootlegs so Luck can see the whole field & give covered WR's & TE's a chance to get open. Let Donald Brown continue to start too.

I'm even open to ReDMY's suggestion that we try more flee flickers on 1st down to lift the top off of opposing defenses too. We need to shake things up now & be less predictable & more brave & aggressive IMO. 

We can't count on fingernail victories in the Playoffs. We need to start experimenting now to find a way to score a TD on our 1st drive & take 3 minutes or more off the clock doing so. Yes, I want to win the division too, but now is not the time to play timid or be scared that a division title is our only priority. 

The loyal fan base needs to see a scoring starting drive & we need to counter 3rd & long downs all the time which is why flee flickers have such great potential. Just throw the long pass to Brazil or Hilton NOT DHBhaha

Live by the sword; Die by the sword...Translation: Calculated Chaos & risk has it's place. Sometimes, conventional wisdom & playing not to lose is the snake venom that gets you killed in the post season. As my dad always says "No Guts; No Glory Baby."

No one ever wins quietly in the playoffs. You crush your enemy's will & take what is rightfully yours by force or any darn means necessary. 

Well said HCF. And how in hades can DHB drop a pass that Luck dropped right in the bread basket? I fell to my knees & put my head into my cupped hands. I just couldn't believe it...Do not resign him Grigs...Leave INDY now...

Cris Carter, the HOF WR from the Minnesota Vikings, needs to work with this man to teach him how to grab a ball out of the air with his hands never let it come to your body take it out of the air with precision & force. Cris was a master at this & he taught that skill to Larry Fitzgerald in AZ.

I think DHB fell short accomplishing his job as #1 WR (or a NFL caliber WR at all) so most likely he won't be resigned.  I bet FO already regrets letting Donnie Avery go. Anyway IMO T.Y. Hilton is falling short expectations as well.  We'd need an other Reggie...or a Baldin like WR to provide more targets for Luck. It was hilarious how WRs couldn't get open in the whole game, TEs were helping Luck out. Perhaps it is time for Da'rick? 

Edited by HungarianColtsFan