Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB/Whalen/Brazill

BlueCollarColts

I think DHB is let go after the season and not resigned. I liked what I saw from Whalen. Keep in mind guys, this was Griff's first full time game against the #1 pass D in the league. Yet, he showed a lot of potential and I for one, am looking forward to seeing more from him.

Hard to pass judgment after one game of missing Reggie, especially after a bye week & the kind of pass rush Texans were getting...

I am going to save the judgment for after the Rams game as well, as they brought some heat during their game against Seattle...

DHB hasn't lived up to expectations, but I am still giving the guy a pass (hopefully he catches it)

Hopefully he isn't too banged up & he can play against St. Louis...

If Whalen can grow from his outing last night & if Luck isn't getting molested after each snap, I expect more production out of Whalen & Fleener, just think this game isn't a good measuring stick to base anything off of, Luck had zero time the majority of the game...

DHB has been getting worse and worse with dropping balls.  Even the deep play that was pass interference went through his hands and had him motioning for a flag before the ball hit the ground (I'll call that Heyward Beying).

Fleener, Whalen and TY looked good yesterday.  Add in the occasional throw it to the running back or fullback and the Colts got something cooking in the second half.   

I was glad to see Reggie at the game and supporting the team very classy.

I`ve seen enough of DHB to say his role needs to be reduced.

Work on a limited number plays for him and gets his execution at a higher level.

The same for Whalen and Brazzil. The Bigger challenge (beyond getting our interior lineman to play at an NFL quality level) is getting Andrew off his primary target and improving his accuracy.

Let's be real. It's very unlikely that DHB is all of a sudden benched in favor of Brazill or Rogers. If not for anything else, the fact that he's such a good blocker will keep him on the field. Not to mention, it looks like he's not concussed after all. Personally, I thought (even at the time) that he was faking for sympathy, since he blatantly dropped a pass right before he took the hit.

Can someone please explain why Brazill barely played? I was so sure he was going to break out for a big game Sunday night, but he barely seemed to be on the field, until DHB was out. On top of that, Griff Whalen looked very mediocre and offers little upside in my opinion. Any chance Brazill's still in the doghouse for his earlier infractions?