Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don James has passed away

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting old...       

It was just yesterday I would sprawl out on the carpet and watch NEW YEARS DAY games on TV ALL Day..  With Dick Enburg and Merlin Olsen doing the Rose Bowl.....       WOW...

The late 70's was a great time for college football.     

Late 70's through the mid 80's...I used to cam out in the comfy chair, in my pajamas (til I got older) and sit and munch Jiffy Pop popcorn, drinking Turkey Hill Iced Tea, and watching J.C.Watts, Billy Sims, Earl Campbell, Johnny Rodgers..Listening to Keith Jackson go OH NELLIE when describing a great play...All the iconic coaches like Coach James, Tom Osbourn, Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, Bo Schembechler, the list goes on and on.

My favorite time was always Thanksgiving day, between Oklahoma and Nebraska,,,Man I miss that rivalry...watch all the games, then sit down to a huge Turkey Dinner..

I relished those times, but even more so now..I look back and think how lucky I was to have seen what I've seen..My first and only college game I ever saw, was in Miami, when #1 Penn State took on #2 Oklahoma..OU started that year with troy Aikman at QB, but got hurt against Vinnie Testeverde and Miami, and lost his job to Jamelle Holloway..I got to meet Keith Jackson the TE, and "The Boz"..I was the only OU fan from Pa..I went on a charter trip with 127 other Penn State fans...The day before the Orange Bowl had an open house..We walked around the stadium, and got kicked off the field when we pretended to actually be playing..Come to think of i..I got the privilege of walking on the Orange Bowl Field...WOW...(sorry having a memory moment)..

But, back to the subject. Don James brought a lot to college football, and will truly be missed by all fans...My condolences to his family..

I'm outta likes Bro..  

I totally understand.. 

A time when every one had to WAIT...    for EVERYTHING.   Imagine that .

Billy Sims..      OMG...     

The late 70's were truly great.

Late 70's through the mid 80's...I used to cam out in the comfy chair, in my pajamas (til I got older) and sit and munch Jiffy Pop popcorn, drinking Turkey Hill Iced Tea, and watching J.C.Watts, Billy Sims, Earl Campbell, Johnny Rodgers..Listening to Kieth Jackson go OH NELLIE when describing a great play...All the iconic coaches like Coach James, Tom Osbourn, Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, Bo Schembecler, the list goes on and on.

My favorite time was always Thanksgiving day, between Oklahoma and Nebraska,,,Man I miss that rivalry...watch all the games, then sit down to a huge Turkey Dinner..

I relished those times, but even more so now..I look back and think how lucky I was to have seen what I've seen..My first and only college game I ever saw, was in Miami, when #1 Penn State took on #2 Oklahoma..OU started that year with troy Aikman at QB, but got hurt against Vinnie Testeverde and Miami, and lost his job to Jamelle Holloway..I got to meet Keith Jackson the TE, and "The Boz"..I was the only OU fan from Pa..I went on a charter trip with 127 other Penn State fans...The day before the Orange Bowl had an open house..We walked around the stadium, and got kicked off the field when we pretended to actually be playing..Come to think of i..I got the privilege of walking on the Orange Bowl Field...WOW...(sorry having a memory moment)..

But, back to the subject. Don James brought a lot to college football, and will truly be missed by all fans...My condolences to his family..

• 4 weeks later...